Alcoholic Beverages

Options
tatd_820
tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
Had a fun Saturday night with a few drinks. Hate that I consumed so many calories from it though. What are some low calorie alcoholic beverages? Going out of town in a few days and I want to be better prepared to make better choices. What do you drink and what is the calorie count...if you know it?

Replies

• Lat1988
    Lat1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka with soda water and a wedge of lemon or lime.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Shots!! No seriously! If you're just looking to get a buzz or more, do shots, and drink water (helps you stay hydrated too) They still have some calories, but not anywhere near all of the mixers!! As far as actual drinks, I don't know, when I'm drinking calorie counting goes out the window! Have a good time :)
  • tmblastquads
    Options
    yeah shots of vodka.
    or get redbull sugar free vodka.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Shots are probably the lowest calorie.

I like to do vodka with diet soda / diet cranberry. Smirnoff recently came out with Sorbet flavors which has 78 calories for 1.5oz (my typically shot glass) vs. the normal 105 calories. Not a huge difference but it can add up through a night of drinking. I have yet to try it but the raspberry pomegranate flavor sounds interesting. i will be trying it next weekend actually.
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well, I have given this subject considerable thought. Even though there are 55 calorie beers ( which are deplorable btw) I find that drinking wine, even though its more calories, is way better for my weight loss aspirations.

Scenario 1: me drinking beer: Sure I'd love some chips and queso. And what time is dinner???
    Scenario 2: me drinking wine: Dinner? Who needs dinner?
    Scenario 3: me drinking mixed drinks: somewhere in between.

SO.... Wine it is! Although I really love beer.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and bourbon on the rocks.
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Same here. Ill usually have vodka and soda with (lots of lime)lime or if you want something a little tastier,try a flavored vodka (like vanilla)and a soda water....OR just go for a martini,straight up! :) Lighter liquor are always less calories than dark liquor.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If i know I'm going to tie one on I work my A** off early in the day, burn some serious calories, eat smart, then don't sweat it. Also, vodka and club soda with lemon or lime as previously mentioned is generally my poison of choice.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I mix a shot of Burnettes vodka with about five ounces of Orange Mango sparkling ice. Total calories are 64. It tastes just like a fuzzy navel to me.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Well, I have given this subject considerable thought. Even though there are 55 calorie beers ( which are deplorable btw) I find that drinking wine, even though its more calories, is way better for my weight loss aspirations.

Scenario 1: me drinking beer: Sure I'd love some chips and queso. And what time is dinner???
    Scenario 2: me drinking wine: Dinner? Who needs dinner?
    Scenario 3: me drinking mixed drinks: somewhere in between.

SO.... Wine it is! Although I really love beer.

I freaking LOVE this!!!
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka with soda water and a wedge of lemon or lime.

My 'go to' drink :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    all the "hard" alcohols are the lowest. makes sense less sugars right? so then mix them with plain soda water, or diet soda's and their the lowest cal. or just shots.