laziness

Options
some weekends i feel too depressed to get out of bed. i lay around all day and by the end of the day i feel even more bad for not doing anything. then i end up stuffing my face because i feel like ill never get the results i want laying around like a slug. so upset :(

Replies

• kath2810
    kath2810 Posts: 93
    Options
    I feel for you, I have been there a few times, its a dark place to be, & hard to pull yourself out of, all I can say is you need to find yourself again, you sound disconnected...

Know that you are a good person , & you deserve better than to feel that way...
  • hellothere1212
    Options
    thanks i hope i can get out of it like you were able to
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    well at least u made it to 100!! thats awesome..u may be the oldest member..see ..stay positive kiddo
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lazy - that's me, for sure! I don't work anymore, and I really struggle some days. I was spending my days in bed.

I used to wake up at 6:00 a.m. and then go back to sleep until noontime. I wouldn't get dressed, and I'd do nothing but watch tv all day. Miserable was the word for me and I was so depressed.

I finally got really mad at myself and made a promise to myself to get moving. When I wake up at 6:00 I push myself to get up out of bed and get dressed. I make tea and read the news and do some puzzles (crossword, sudoku, etc.) and I put on music. I push to go out 3-4 days per week, just to be around other people, and I realize I feel good when I do that. I push myself to do housework. And I plan out my meals ahead of time so I can stay on plan. I got sick and tired of feeling so lousy - things are better now, but it will be a while before it becomes less of an effort to do these things.

Just today I had a bad day - I actually deleted my shortcut to this site and was going to throw in the towel. But I talked myself out of my funk - logged everything (didn't go over) and put to shortcut back. I'm not going to allow myself to defeat myself - I've done it to many times before.

You've got to accept the fact that sometimes it's a struggle - but you're going to feel better as you progress along. Your success or failure is in your hands, no one elses. Don't slip down into the pit of despair. Grab hold and pull yourself up and get going. You'll feel 100% better.

Good luck. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to go talk to someone. It could be something as simple as your body not getting the nutrients it needs from the right food or too much of the bad food or lack of exercise. Or it could be something more complicated like a chemical imbalance. I have been in anti-depressants in the past until I was able to get things back in order so to speak. Even short term use of medication can get things firing in your brain correctly. I am currently on Celexa for a generalized anxiety disorder and depression. It really has helped me a lot. But I have to say, it seems exercise may be helping me more. If you need us, we are here! Feel free to add or message me.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think you aren't lazy I think you are depressed and need to get to see your doctor and get on some medication.
    Start by going for a walk everyday and getting some fresh air into your body, then start with looking at your nutrition, because this, my love, is NOT living.
    The only person who can fix this is you, theres no magic formula, theres no such thing as willpower and wishing to be able to do things isn't going to make it happen.
    FIGHT for happiness and FIGHT to have a great life.
    Personally? Lying around in bed all day, is no life at all. That alone should scare you into getting to the doctor. You deserve to be happy and I'm not sure a weight loss forum is going to fix this for you.
    Care about yourself enough to get some help.
    I wish you lots of luck
  • Angelwings1967
    Options
    I agree with the others. You really should see your doctor. I was diagnosed with severe depression just over a year ago and through medication, changing my way of eating and regular exercise I am in a totally different place in my life now. There are things you can do to make things better, you do have options. Take that first step and talk to your doctor you'll be glad you did.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, I have been there a few times, its a dark place to be, & hard to pull yourself out of, all I can say is you need to find yourself again, you sound disconnected...

Know that you are a good person , & you deserve better than to feel that way...

YES!!

I've been having similar issues.. not as serious though. I've been feeling hopeless about life because I am way behind everyone I graduated with. When I'm home all by myself I feel like I can't even get up to do anything. I know how you feel. Find something that motivates you.. I think about school and where it is going to get me, that gives me a little bit of motivation, something to look forward too.. that helps me a little bit.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    some weekends i feel too depressed to get out of bed. i lay around all day and by the end of the day i feel even more bad for not doing anything. then i end up stuffing my face because i feel like ill never get the results i want laying around like a slug. so upset :(

Been there , done that.... Get up, go to the gym, do some cardio, daydream, get your endorhins flowin. You will feel better!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    please see a professional
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Things to chalk up to laziness:

No goal
    No care
    No desire
    No confidence

Take care of addressing those first.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    We all have those moments. Don't be upset, it happens. Just keep your head up and tell yourself that you can do it. Make those fat cry!