Lunch ideas?? My lunches are sooo boring Help!!!

Options
kay930
kay930 Posts: 54 Member
My lunches are so boring!! I usually eat a sandwich, leftovers from night before dinner, frozen dinners like ww or lean cuisines, soup or salad. I work part time & I eat my lunch when I get home from work usually about 1:30 so I am usually hungry and I just want to grab something and eat as soon as I get home. I just need some new ideas on what to eat that's healthy & will be diet friendly. I like almost anything & I am willing to try new foods. Thanks a bunch! :)

Replies

• autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    Different soups are easy to warm up, also you can make salads ready (one of my favorites is rice-crab sticks salad) and you can have some meat with it.

Otherwise have a pre-lunch snack so you'll have time to prepare a meal and aren't that hungry.

Have an omelette with different veggies/ham/cheese/whatever added to it.

Mashed potatoes? Rice or wholewheat pasta with sauce? Goldcorn?
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    im a stir fry queen! 4-6oz of chicken breast, shrimp, or lean beef. about 2 cups of whatever fresh or frozen veggies of your choosing, and 2 tbsp of a low cal stir fry saice (I use the La Choy brand ones a lot). delicious, easy, healthy, and under 450 cals.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sushi is yummy

sagg panpeer and rice
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite go-to's are "cracker sandwiches". Made from cruskits (43 calories and 9g carb for 2). A slice of low fat cheese and 15-20g of some thinly sliced meat (smoked chicken or ham work well), a few dabs of mustard and tasty crunch for reasonable calories. mmmmmmmm I usually have this with salad and/or soup.
  • sunnyfrog
    sunnyfrog Posts: 1
    Options
    Left over Frittatas:heart:
    Steam or roast (oil-free) some veg, all different eg: broccoli, sweet potato, pumkpin (Squash to USA), zucchini, cauli, onion etc. Make an egg mix, lots of white and a little yolk, with a little parmesan, salt and pepper, really well beaten or use blender.
    Put muffin paper in muffin tray and then FILL with veges, maybe some left over grilled chicken etc, pour egg mix over and bake until egg is just cooked in the middle and then refrigerate.
    Great hot or cold and can be different vegetable combination each day. Hope this idea helps xxx
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    Hummus or other bean dips for dipping raw veg in. I'll have that with an egg or leftover meat.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new one today - assured its lovely so fingers crossed:
    Handful of raw spinach, dry fried rasher of bacon, chopped and scattered over spinach, poached egg and wholegrain mustard dressing.

Cous cous is nice and you can add a variety of veggies and meat to it to give different flavours, and it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all of the great lunch ideas. I am definitely going to try some of these!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    For a super fun lunch make your own "Bento box"- fill a tupperware container with small amounts of different foods (I seperate the food by placing it in silicone Cupcake liners). You can also buy real bento boxes in stores or online. I throw in some of the following: low fat cheese, cut up veggies, cut up fruit, hummus, almonds, low fat pasta salad, chunks of whole wheat pita, a low fat deviled egg, chunks of roasted chicken, low fat wheat thins, Quaker oat squares cereal, salsa, whole grain tortilla chips, black bean salad, a couple Dove dark chocolate squares, fat free spinach dip, pickles, low fat macaroni salad, light tuna salad, olives, light feta cheese, a stuffed grape leaf, couscous, guacamole.

You get the picture, haha. Generally I throw in anywhere from 4 to 8 different things. Since you are just eating small portions of different foods you can put in as many as you want. This kind of lunch is never boring and the possibilities are endless.
  • Pinklantana
    Pinklantana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got "foodles" this week at Wal-mart in the refrigerated fruit section. They are meals for kids with cheese cubes, pretzels and apple slices. So there is no work or thought that has to go in this. Everything is washed, cut and pre-measured, just open and eat. I am enjoying the portion control of these as well.