Just had a binge attack :(

Options
20 years old 220 lb 6"4' Moderate exrecise 2080 calorie goal.

So i was eating SOOOO well today! But when dinner came, I had chicken and broccoli... and then some more chicken!

NEXT THING YOU KNOW I'M EATING CHOCOLATES, CHIPS AND COOKIES!! :( which wracked up another 900 calories ontop of my goal. Now I just feel like **** :(

What should I do??

Replies

• Elvisfan4life
    Elvisfan4life Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    20 years old 220 lb 6"4' Moderate exrecise 2080 calorie goal.

So i was eating SOOOO well today! But when dinner came, I had chicken and broccoli... and then some more chicken!

NEXT THING YOU KNOW I'M EATING CHOCOLATES, CHIPS AND COOKIES!! :( which wracked up another 900 calories ontop of my goal. Now I just feel like **** :(

What should I do??

Forget it its gone ...just be sensible today and get back on track...no sense obsessing about a fall....we are all human
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    figure out why you binged, so you can develop better coping strategies in the future.

were you bored, upset, stressed?
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i just found out a friend of mine died, and have done exactly the same.

it never helps.
  • JordanK7593
    JordanK7593 Posts: 47
    Options
    figure out why you binged, so you can develop better coping strategies in the future.

Neither, I was just super hungry! I was telling myself that I've been good all day and I'm aloud this. But went overboard :(
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Accept that you're not perfect and that you're going to make mistakes in this process. The end. :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Neither, I was just super hungry! I was telling myself that I've been good all day and I'm aloud this. But went overboard :(

how many calories do you net on a usual day? it may be that you arent eating enough.

other than that, forget about it, tomorrow is a new day.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, if you were in front of me I would thrown stones at you, you evil, evil person!

Yeh but no, but really, but ... no

You acknowledged it, get it logged, remember how you feel right now and brush it off. You're HUMAN, welcome to the club
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

maybe your calories are set too low. Recalculate your TDEE and you may need to consider whether a smaller deficit would be better, it means the fat comes off a little slower but if it enables you to stick to the eating plan and not binge then that's good. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Binge eating is a normal survival response to eating too few calories. (there are other causes of binge eating besides this, but people should not diagnose themselves with an emotional problem until they've ruled out normal physiological explanations)
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options

The "I've been good all day, I'm allowed this" mentality isn't a very helpful one.

If you feel like you are struggling or your current eating plan is too difficult it might be that you are restricting yourself too much.

This should be a lifestyle change, not a diet, and your lifestyle should allow for the occasional cookie without feeling like you need to earn it and shouldn't account for binges
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    As per the other posts. There is more negative impact by feeling bad about it. You did it, you feel bad about it, it's done.

I feel like I have a pizza hangover this morning. Couldn't sleep because my heart was pounding, and every half an hour I was chugging water to try and get rid of the salt-overload. It wasn't even that nice :( Still, I did eat it, but that was yesterday. Today is a new day. Drink extra water, and if you can, squeeze in some extra exercise. If you're not used to eating junk any more, then yeah you'll feel a bit crappy today, but the only thing you can do is ditch the guilt and carry on!

KCCO!
  • grabenson7
    grabenson7 Posts: 88
    Options
    forget it, sometime you have to have a day like that, on sunday went out had a few beers and enjoyed it i just make sure im back to my weight i was at my day i last got weight, and just count that week has nothing lost or nothing gained.
  • JordanK7593
    JordanK7593 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.

I try to eat about 2100 calories but tonights the first night we're ive been SO HUNGRY!

You're all right! Tomorrow is a new day! I just hope it doesnt happen again in the next few weeks :)
  • noo1981
    noo1981 Posts: 18
    Options
    hey!

thought it was just us girlies who had binge attacks!!

i have them all the time. like today..4 slices of cake and its not even lunch time!

you have to draw a line under it and move on. easier said than done but you have to do it, otherwise you continue on a day of self sabottage.

good luck
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I try to eat about 2100 calories but tonights the first night we're ive been SO HUNGRY!

You're all right! Tomorrow is a new day! I just hope it doesnt happen again in the next few weeks :)

if it happens again and its not for any other reason than you're hungry, then there is a good chance you're not eating enough.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    2100 calories for a 6'4'' 220lb male? nope nope nope, where did you get that figure?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    One thing about weight loss we can't do anything about what we have eaten. We can only focus on what we WILL be eating. Sure we want to burn calories and reduce the size of our fat cells. You just have to learn what you've done wrong and make it right. Good luck and keep your head up.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

if it happens again and its not for any other reason than you're hungry, then there is a good chance you're not eating enough.

^^^^ this

I really think you're not eating enough, don't just ignore this, either it will happen again or you'll constantly be in battle with yourself. Additionally, according to BMI you're barely in the overweight category. So you're already fairly lean. Too big a deficit is likely to lead to loss of lean tissue along with fat. Do you know your body fat percentage? Not everyone who is "overweight" according to BMI is actually over-fat. Large framed and/or athletic people can fall into this category while their body fat percentage is healthy, or even low. If you're already lean, then the risk of losing lean tissue along with fat when you diet is much greater (the leaner you are the greater this risk). Combine that with eating too little (i.e. too much of a deficit) and you can pretty much guarantee loss of muscle mass and bone density. In addition, like I said, eating too little can lead to bingeing and finding it extremely difficult to stick to the plan. Why put yourself through this is the result is likely to be lean tissue loss along with the fat? Why not eat more, lose the weight more slowly, but also much more easily and sustainably?

I really think you need to recalculate your calories.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If you do this often, then you will need to find the cause. It is not always a self control problem, sometimes it is deeper than that.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    With your stats you probably didn't even reach your TDEE............forgive yourself and forgetaboutit.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and move on.