Supersize vs superskinny

Options
nikilis
nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
I'm totally obsessed with this show. I think I've seen them all, so I thought I'd see if theres any other lovers or haters out there.

if you dont know what I talking about, heres an episode on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGdf8JPgw8

I learnt a lot from watching it. thoughts? favourite episode?

:)

Replies

• nikilis
    Options
  • nikilis
    Options
    am I the only one!
  • nikilis
    Options
    SRSLY! THIS SHOW IS FRICKEN AWESOME

thrift-shop-macklemore-ryan-group.png
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love the show the supersizers don't eat too bad just very big portions. I also love secret eaters : )
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I used to love the show but got a bit tired of it after a while. The super skinny didn't look super skinny to me and the part where they put the food in the tube is one of the most disgusting things ever
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love this show!

So enlightening to see the variety in diets. Often makes me feel better about what I eat etc.

:)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I love this show! I think it's awesome, and it's all free on youtube
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've seen this show! I like it--it's one of those guilty pleasures that I just can't tear myself away from. At the same time, though, I think it's silly to make them switch diets, because both diets are terrible! It's not helping anyone involved except the TV producers, of course. The superskinny people are always eating like 10 m&ms for lunch and half a baked potato or something for dinner--Not healthy! I don't get it. But I watch it.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I like it EXCEPT for the bit where they ship the supersizers off to the US and make them stare at the super fat people. It stinks a bit like a freakshow.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It frustrates me so much! They convince people to go from one extreme of healthy eating to another. And Secret Eater, despite this being a guilty pleasure, is just a bit scary to watch - how deluded are those people?!
  • laurelboynton
    Options
    I like it EXCEPT for the bit where they ship the supersizers off to the US and make them stare at the super fat people. It stinks a bit like a freakshow.

I agree with this.
  • laurelboynton
    Options
    It frustrates me so much! They convince people to go from one extreme of healthy eating to another. And Secret Eater, despite this being a guilty pleasure, is just a bit scary to watch - how deluded are those people?!

I think the diet swap always makes them realize that they can survive on tiny portions/ or that they can eat a hell of a lot more than they are doing.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about quantity, they learn they can physically live with those quantities, the supersizers can live with very small portions and the superskinnies can fit more. For the Superskinnies as well eating more stimulates the appetite.

I've seen this show! I like it--it's one of those guilty pleasures that I just can't tear myself away from. At the same time, though, I think it's silly to make them switch diets, because both diets are terrible! It's not helping anyone involved except the TV producers, of course. The superskinny people are always eating like 10 m&ms for lunch and half a baked potato or something for dinner--Not healthy! I don't get it. But I watch it.
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love them both - they are my guilty pleasures, anything along these lines! It drives my bf crazy how many of them I record! xx
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this show! How fascinating!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You aren't the only one.... LOVE it... totally inspiring!
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love it & secret eaters too :) I liked the older episodes more though, when they showed to food tubes! yuck, lol
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I feel like there was an American version of this show once -- Am I wrong?
  • nikilis
    Options
    I used to love the show but got a bit tired of it after a while. The super skinny didn't look super skinny to me and the part where they put the food in the tube is one of the most disgusting things ever

thats the funny thing about it, the superskinnies dont always look unhealthy, but their BMI's are sooo low, like 16.5 average. thats really bad.

we live in a society that sees nothing wrong with being underweight. there is something wrong with being very underweight.

a lot of them eat large deficits, and for years. its different from using a deficit to loose weight. its odd tho. someone overweight is immediately jumped on for being unhealthy, but people who are very underweight unless they look like they have an ED would most likely not be treated in the same negative way.
  • nikilis
    Options
    I feel like there was an American version of this show once -- Am I wrong?

I've never seen it, but if they did id love to!