is there any way to flatten the stomach?

Options
any specific exercises? i know you can't target weight loss but what can i do to make my stomach look a little more flatter?
i have lots of rolls :cry:

Replies

• MustLoveSammiches
    MustLoveSammiches Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Be sure you're engaging your core during every work out to strengthen those muscles even when its not abs day. If you tuck your tail bone slightly your abs engage almost automatically.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Flattening out the stomach is achieved in the kitchen. Most of us, including me collect our fat in the kid section. Reducing calories and eating the right kind of food did it for me. I went from 16% body fat to 7% over 3 years. I did work out during that time as well, and I made sure to build in 1 cheat day each week as long as the other days were good. Hope that helps. If you'd like, you can add me and share your food diary and also look at mine.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Flattening out the stomach is achieved in the kitchen. Most of us, including me collect our fat in the kid section. Reducing calories and eating the right kind of food did it for me. I went from 16% body fat to 7% over 3 years. I did work out during that time as well, and I made sure to build in 1 cheat day each week as long as the other days were good. Hope that helps. If you'd like, you can add me and share your food diary and also look at mine.

Yep, what he said. UNLESS you've had a 9 pound baby stretch out ever muscle in your body. Or 2 or 3 of them.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce the weight melts off where it melts off.

That said a clean diet and a wheat free diet can make a huge difference in both the appearance of the stomach area and reducing bodyfat overall.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options

Yep, what he said. UNLESS you've had a 9 pound baby stretch out ever muscle in your body. Or 2 or 3 of them.

You can still do it no problem, many of us have it just involved eating clean and exercising consistantly.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I had a tummy problem (my gosh it feels good to use the word HAD!) and I must say I don't engage my core not really, I incorporate core workouts every once in awhile, but everyone usually says you can't spot reduce and the weight will go where it wants to so didn't really see the point (not until I got rid of the fat anyway). Now, my tummy is by no means flat flat, but its done such a 360 later and its really coming to the party, so much so that I might even engage my core to get me some abs!

Anyway, for me it was more diet than ab workout, mind you my diet isn't "clean" by some standards, but I do eat a lot better a lot more healthy stuff, so I'd say just be good with your diet and workout!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lose weight
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What the other guy said. Flat tummies are made in the kitchen. That and on the treadmill.

So you need cardio which will help you burn off overall fat (not anywhere specific, but everywhere at once) and you need to eat less than you burn daily.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Lose weight

Yep.

Calorie deficit.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    You can flatten your stomach outside of the kitchen if what you are trying to achieve is a flatter stomach and not washboard abs. People always confuse the two. I've had two c-sections plus a naturally round belly, and I was able to change the shape of my stomach through core-based exercise. I don't have washboard abs, but my stomach is flat. If that's what you are after, it can be done. I try to do 10 to 15 minute core-specific workouts 3x a week, alternating with kickboxing style workouts 2x a week. (Kickboxing works your core too.)