Favorite Weight Loss Tool or Trick

Options
I have discovered the wonders of a divided plate. I got them years ago to use with my kids. They are regular plate size with 3 sections. My weggies go in the big section and meat, carbs, fruit or dairy in the two smaller sections. Helps with portion control. The compartments makes my 1/2 cup cottage cheese lor sliced strawberries look like a lot of food.

Replies

• 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    LOL!! Not my weggies..my veggies..:blushing: .and I even proof read. Hehehehehehe!:laugh:
  • sissytx
    sissytx Posts: 50
    Options
    Thats a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I use my kids' little cereal bowls for my cereal, and eat on those little plates that come with a plate set. I switch up my exercise routine a lot to make sure my body never gets used to it and keeps burning. And I measure everything and count each cracker :smile: Good luck with those weggies :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is really a trick but I like doing it...

I get really excited about cooking food. When I stumble across a new recipe I like trying to figure out food substitutions to use in a way to help cut calories. This means I still get to cook and eat delicious food and I feel accomplished for cheating the system a bit :)
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    chew gum between meals...sometimes we want to eat and we are just bored...some people smoke because they are bored a lot of us eat when we are bored
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Duct tape over my mouth does wonders for the munchies! Just kidding...but every once in a while I think I should try it.

For meals: We packed away our dinner plates and use the salad plates for dinner plates. Half veggies, 1/4 meat, 1/4 starch, and I no longer put the food on the table. It's over staying on the stove so I actually have to think about it and get up to get more. Sometimes that is enough for me to check myself for if I'm really hungry or just want to eat. Then brush teeth after dinner to curb the evening munchies. Seems to be helping!