The Injustice of it all!

Options
I've been so, so good. I haven't touched a single "no-no" - even on a weekend camping trip with the Brownies. I turned my nose up at the toasted marshmellows and s'mores, the homemade campstove mac & cheese, everything. I stuck to fruits & veggies and a protein bar or two. There was even a 2 hour hike involved in this trip, not to mention all the gear lugging and general work that goes along with all this....

....I go to a family graduation bbq last night - fruit, salad and chicken for me, thank you very much. Didn't go near the cake, completely eschewed the Sundae bar with all it's tempting chocolate sauces, candies, and whipped creams.

For this, I should be rewarded, right? RIGHT?!?!! OH no, the fat gods are far too cruel for that....I go weigh in just before noon...up 1.7 lbs. :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:

.....And you know, I actually did go back to the car and cry....

Replies

• jannenem
    jannenem Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been so, so good. I haven't touched a single "no-no" - even on a weekend camping trip with the Brownies. I turned my nose up at the toasted marshmellows and s'mores, the homemade campstove mac & cheese, everything. I stuck to fruits & veggies and a protein bar or two. There was even a 2 hour hike involved in this trip, not to mention all the gear lugging and general work that goes along with all this....

....I go to a family graduation bbq last night - fruit, salad and chicken for me, thank you very much. Didn't go near the cake, completely eschewed the Sundae bar with all it's tempting chocolate sauces, candies, and whipped creams.

For this, I should be rewarded, right? RIGHT?!?!! OH no, the fat gods are far too cruel for that....I go weigh in just before noon...up 1.7 lbs. :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:

.....And you know, I actually did go back to the car and cry....
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    no no no no don't cry.
    You're doing great!! Don't let the scales fool you!
    Keep up the momentum!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I'm soooooo sorry! I'm sure that really did hit hard, especially with you being sooooo good with your eating! Maybe it's just water weight, and in another week, it'll be gone, PLUS MORE!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that that's what happens, ok?!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Don't give up - or cry anymore!! i bet next week you are way down - read the posts this happens all the time!!! It is just water - I hate that they don't let you weigh in the morning time, it is so bogus!

Stick with it!! You can do it!!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    The best time I think to weigh in is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and after you've used the bathroom..that way you won't be weighing food you've eaten, etc.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    no worries! I had been going to the gym for 2 months(Marchish) 5 days a week for an hour or more....not to mention i changed my diet (for the best) and the scale was not changing...I then asked the trainer at the gym to calculate my fat % which had changed even though the scale did not.......remember muscle weighs more :wink: Good luck stay positive stress tends to hinder weight loss as well:smile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    YOu have to weigh at the same time every day--and doing so naked helps! Best time is the morning, right after your {ahem} "morning routine" is completed.

And, it was probably water weight/fluid retention. Don't let it get you down! Give it a few days, and it will be 'flushed' away.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part of all of this is being patient. The process of changing from unhealthy to healthy takes time. Try not to give up. For me sometimes the progress seems so slow it's almost invisible, but after three months I look back and I realize I've made a lot of progress and actually had a pretty good success even though most of the time I couldn't notice it. It's hard to see it when you are in the middle of it all. Keep trying!:flowerforyou:
  • jannenem
    jannenem Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all!

I just keep telling myself that it's water or because of it being later in the morning or something....stepped on my home scale this morning and that 1.7lb does seem to be gone...maybe, maybe more, my scale weighs heavier I think than the doctor's.

And I did have a skirt on Wednesday night that only 2 weeks ago was difficult to do up, so there's proof positive better than a number on a scale that this is working...I'm hanging in no matter what the cruel scale :devil: throws my way.