Headaches after working out?

Options
I went biking today and I have a KILLER headache. This always happens. Does anyone else experience these headaches, and any ideas how to ease them? Taking ibuprofen doesn't seem to be helping much. :/

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Being dehydrated will give a killer headache.

Maybe eat some protein too. When I get my worst headaches only sleep or food/water help.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Is it only after riding the bike? Could it be the way you sit and hold your head/neck while you ride.
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Being dehydrated will give a killer headache.

Maybe eat some protein too. When I get my worst headaches only sleep or food/water help.

I agree with above post. You need plenty of water ( 8 cups recommended a day). Also, have you recently cut back on caffine?
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I only suffered this problem when a) I tried to go low sodium b) lift so hard and so long my body would shake

You should be okay if you're not vitamin deficient.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    enough water and enough food should avoid this problem if it is not caused by bad form on the bike.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    make sure you're drinking enough fluids, and if you are, then make sure you're eating enough carbs
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    make sure you're drinking enough fluids, and if you are, then make sure you're eating enough carbs

This.

Whenever I eat less than 120 grams of carbs, my head pounds either during or directly after exercising. I can only successfully do low carbs when I am *not* working out due to the crabbiness and headaches that I get.
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Thank you! I've increased how much water I drink when I work out, but I didn't think of upping carbs. The headaches happen when a work out regardless of the exercise I'm doing-- I have the same trouble when I run or do pushups. I've cut back on the caffeine- it triggers my migraines-- but I didn't think that was it. Thank you guys for the suggestions!
  • CeriGrindrod
    CeriGrindrod Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Drink more water x