please help me choose an entree!

Options
Hi everyone!! Im going out to dinner tonight and I really would like to keep my calories as low as possible, while still enjoying myself. Can you all help me pick which entree I should choose? TIA!

http://www.matmiranova.com/cmr/files/content/M-Dinner710.pdf

Replies

• Caityrose
    Caityrose Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, but stay away from buttery... maybe the chicken without the bacon... hm tough one. sounds yummy though.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Halibut looks GREAT especially if it is fresh. It's a very non-fishy fish!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sea bass but skip the shrimp dumplings that come with it. I'm jealous.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'd probly go with the Ahi Tuna (if you can eat Foie Gras) or the Chilean Sea Bass. Probably the Sea BAss is the better choice even though the dumplings will have rice, but still...better than the cheesey goodness of scalloped potato cake.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    S A L M O N *PAN ROASTED SALMON, MELTED LEEKS, TOMATO FONDUE, FINES HERBES BEURRE BLANC:bigsmile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    They've got alot of choices, at most not that bad for you...fish/chicken wold be my first choice...I love scallops! Whatever you choose, have them make it grilled, no oil no butter, any veg have them steam it, i'd keep away fromthe bread basket if they have one, or just a sliver. I'd avoid anything that's creamed, or in a dumpling form, or anything with a heavy sauce, for salad dressing, a vinaigrette is best, but I always bring a low cal fav from home, if you have a potato side, it's probably not going to be a healthy one, unless it's a sweet potato, and if it's rice i'd ask to see if it's brown or whole grain rice, and how it's cooked....hope I helped!
  • megilbert
    Options
    I was thinking either sea bass or 7oz filet mignon with steamed asparagus w/o hollandaise....not sure!!!
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Does the restaurant have nutrition info?

I would say go with Sashimi (sushi meat only) for least calories but it looks like the sushi selections are all rolls with rice on outside. Probably filet (no added sauce), Ahi Tuna or Chilean Sea Bass would be my pick for calories but not sure about the sauces. If I were you, I'd call and ask the restaurant what are the 2 selections with least calories.

(btw the beet salad looks great)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Looks like a great place!! The sushi looks good as well as an option.
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    Tuna Nicoise salad, skip the potato? I love that. Steamed salmon with veggies, ask for extra veggies and skip the carb. There are a lot of choices, and dont be afraid to ask for sauces on the side and steamed, not fried or battered.

I have to say once you get used to eating withough high salt and fat is is quite nice, you will hardly be able to stand the old way you ate! :noway: I still crave fries from time to time but the consequences are rarely worth the limited pleasure anymore :smile: