Your Favorite Independent Pizza Place

Options

Replies

• jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Balistreri's in Wauwatosa, WI. Close to Milwaukee. Pizza is awesome and so are there thin cut breaded eggplant strips.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Zito's in Orange County, CA
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Rounder's Pizza in Athens, TX, or the pizza at our local dive bar in Dallas; The Elbow Room.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Rhombus Guys in Grand Forks ND - fantastic!
  • renturne
    renturne Posts: 16
    Options
    Giorgio's Pizza in Indianapolis, IN
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "The Place" Calgary, AB
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vancouver, Canada, but my fave pizza place here (of all the pizza by the slice places - and which hubby brought pizza home from last night!) is Uncle Fatih's Pizza. It's so not greasy at ALL and I never feel bad eating it (except maybe if I get their potato pizza!)

http://www.unclefatih.com/ For any of you in Vancouver, BC or the general area, check out Uncle Fatih's!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Rounder's Pizza in Athens, TX, or the pizza at our local dive bar in Dallas; The Elbow Room.

+ Giovanni's in the Fort Worth Stockyards.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    In my hometown: a local chain called La Rosas
    In Lexington, KY: Joe B's. I'm drooling thinking about their giant breadsticks & meatball pizza.
    In my current city: Haven't really found a favorite. I've been making my own pizza lately.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    In NC there are a few restaurants.. Pizza Inn <3 There was one in Clayton that I've gone to since I was little. My grandparents loooove it!
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    Balistreri's in Wauwatosa, WI. Close to Milwaukee. Pizza is awesome and so are there thin cut breaded eggplant strips.
    I second this, and will add to it, Ned's in Milwaukee. Can't beat it! super thin foldable deliciousness!!
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options

+ Giovanni's in the Fort Worth Stockyards.

Can't believe that I forgot them!
  • white__wizard
    white__wizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Cafe Pizzaiolo in Alexandria, VA

The best place around here. The also sell the most delicious gelato made in DC and the deliver beer!

Hands down my favorite!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    No longer live there but grew up in Warrenton, VA and by far Joe's pizza was by far the best and still is I cannot find anyone since that can make a better pizza. I now live in upstate NY where it seems sheet pizza is the craze unfortunately I cannot stand bready pizza with minimal cheese. I have found a close second to Joes at a small restaurant Michelangelos. Got to have the thin crust (not crispy) with lots of gooey cheese. Maybe its a good thing I no longer live there :laugh: :laugh:
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mama Mia's in Carolina Beach, NC
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cape Code pizza,Bridgewater Mass
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Oregano's. Hands down.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Cousin Vinny's in and around Dayton. They have a "Big 10 Special" that used to be $10.99 but now it's $11.99. You get a large one topping, breadsticks and 2 drinks (with reusable plastic cups). Almost everyone has a few of these cups laying around. It's their "gourmet" pizzas that are the bomb-diggity, though.
  • pizzaquixote
    Options
    How about Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven CT?