Any Chocoholics Out There??

Options
I can't be the only one with a current 'stash' of chocolate amounting to about 5 large shopping bags stacked neatly in my back room, can I???? I am pretty disciplined with it and do limit what I eat at any one time, but it does mean that I have to exercise regularly to keep the weight under control.

Do you have a 'stash' of fav. food?

Replies

• Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've got a huge bag of chocolate as well but haven't touched it for a month. I think it's time to open it up to have a little treat and share them with my cousins ;)
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I'll help you out with that! I loooove chocolate! I dont have any in the house at the moment though :( think I may need to send the other half out for a bar now. Just choccie, nothing in it!
  • missmarjushka
    missmarjushka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me! Supposed to have none
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Hi. My name is Kim and I'm a chocoholic...

I keep a Dove dark chocolate bar in my desk at work for occasional cravings. I finished it week before last and I'm tempted to replace it today but since I don't have any cash to use the vending machine, I'll manage to resist. I can't believe I went an entire week without one! :smile:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate, but since I started MFP my tastes have changed from the milk chocolate 'candy' to proper dark chocolate (which I didn't like before). My current fav is Green & Blacks 60% with Burnt Toffee, and only 55 calories for 3 squares. That I can live with!!
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Oh yeah Chochoholic galore!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My name is Susanne and I'm a chocoholic...

Yeah, I don't keep any chocolates in my house and I try my utmost best to avoid the sweets department in any store. If I open a bag of chocolates or a slab of chocolates, I have to finish it all, because it will go bad in a matter of minutes and then it is wasted.
    Do you think I have a problem and should get treatment?...
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I totally do! I drink Choffy now though, less calories, less fat and so yummy and warm on those cold mornings here in Oregon! I do like it iced at night though!
  • PapillonBleu72
    PapillonBleu72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate, but since I started MFP my tastes have changed from the milk chocolate 'candy' to proper dark chocolate (which I didn't like before). My current fav is Green & Blacks 60% with Burnt Toffee, and only 55 calories for 3 squares. That I can live with!!

I love chocolate too but I have also noticed that if I eat something with too much sugar, it feels so sweet that I don't enjoy it anymore. Reminds me a bit of when I stopped smoking 10 years ago.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    YES yes and YES! It is really amazing to me though since I started eating better a few weeks ago, I really haven't been craving chocolate. I bought some dark chocolate, that is a healthier choice, and have worked the calories/fat into my daily allowance, but I have only done that a couple of times. Very strange to me that the craving is gone, I don't understand it but I am grateful.
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Ahhhhhh, it seems I'm in good company then, there must be more of you out there. There's no shame in 'coming out'!

Most of my stash is milk chocolate consisting of Cadburys Dairy Milk, and Caramel. There's Galaxy Ripple and normal bar. Twix, Mars Bars, Double Deckers, Bounty, Boost. I buy it when it's on offer at the local superstore. Mind you , one has to be careful to rotate the precious stock because of the sell by date!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You rang?

I love all forms of chocolate (except chocolate cake. That's an abomination) and so I eat it. I probably have some form of chocolate most days, though I've switched to dark chocolate, kinda. I eat Hershey's special dark, which is barely dark at 42%, but I'm slowly shifting myself towards darker. At first the special dark wasn't sweet enough but now I like it so I'm giving it time
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate but I don't have any chocolate candy in the house!!
  • phitless
    phitless Posts: 9
    Options
    I actually crave chocolate more now than I ever did as a kid. We switched to eating "almost paleo" foods, and I think I just appreciate the taste more. I constantly have a bag of Ghirardelli Twilight Delight at my desk, and enjoy a couple of squares when the mood takes me.
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    My name is Susanne and I'm a chocoholic...

Yeah, I don't keep any chocolates in my house and I try my utmost best to avoid the sweets department in any store. If I open a bag of chocolates or a slab of chocolates, I have to finish it all, because it will go bad in a matter of minutes and then it is wasted.
    Do you think I have a problem and should get treatment?...

Ummmmmm, yes I understand where you're coming from. I recommend that you stay with us for the time being so we can work through this together as a group!
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I keep a small bag of very good chocolates in the fridge and allow myself one per day, which I enjoy slowly. It helps knowing I can still enjoy a special chocolate treat and still keep to the plan. :D
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yep me. I eat it, every day. If it fits my macros, I eat it.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Oikos nonfat chocolate Greek frozen yogurt has been my safety net.

I tried every diet chocolate ice cream under the sun, and this is the only one I found that did not taste completely disgusting to me. All the others had a vile chemical taste or aftertaste to them. The Oikos has a slight tanginess to it that you might expect from a Greek yogurt, but is an overall nice chocolate flavor with no nasty aftertaste. I eat it almost every day, and some days eat the whole pint.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? I made eating frozen Three Muskateer bars an art form as a kid. I moved to dark chocolate by my early 20's before dark chocolate was popular and hard to find. I have found over the years that I now 'need' pretty dark chocolate to satisfy the craving. I can't eat milk chocolate any more - its a complete waste of my time. My favorite thing is Candied Ginger covered in Dark Chocolate. I do not like Dark Chocolate with Bacon - it doesn't work for me. And I don't get the salted carmel stuff. I understand the sweet/salt additiction as I almost always have a chocolate craving attack after eating popcorn or pork rines. My fave binge in the old days was a big old bowl of popcorn with butter and yeast, a bag of Pepperidge Farms Milano Mint Cookies and 3 or 4 cups of hot chocolate - home made so I could use extra chocolate - all the sweet/salt I could handle.

Now the thing I keep in the freezer at home or currenlty have in my desk at work is a bag of baking chocolate. It has very little calories, a little goes a really long way and that little completey satisfies my craving. Except when I'm getting to TOM, then I need fat as well and I mentally have to force myself to stop eating the Whole Foods Vegan Mousse Cup so that I have half and can make it last two days. I even put dark chocolate powder in my spaghetti sauce. My kids all love my sauce needless to say.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I keep mine in my car. I use public transpiration a lot so I'm not in my car a ton. I keep a stash in there and it gets me into trouble when I have to go out of the city & I sit in traffic. But I like keeping it in my car because I have to walk to where it's parked on the street so I'm less likely to go back and keep eating it! I just get a few pieces and leave the rest. It works well for me. And at night I'm less likely the venture outside in my PJ's down the street to my car to get chocolate and more likely to turn to an apple or something