Thigh Rub solutions???

Options
Wtih the weather warming up and the fact that I have lost 23 pounds I am finding myslef wanting to wear more skirts and dresses. But my problem is that my upper thighs rub together. I am ok not having a thigh gap but I was wondering if you have any tips or solutions for this problem. By the end of the day my thighs can be almost raw. Not sure if there is a cream or any other solutions other than wearing a shaper or something under my skirts and dresses.

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Wtih the weather warming up and the fact that I have lost 23 pounds I am finding myslef wanting to wear more skirts and dresses. But my problem is that my upper thighs rub together. I am ok not having a thigh gap but I was wondering if you have any tips or solutions for this problem. By the end of the day my thighs can be almost raw. Not sure if there is a cream or any other solutions other than wearing a shaper or something under my skirts and dresses.
    Bodyglide is what you are looking for.

You can find it online easily and most running stores and sporting goods stores have it.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have seen someone on this forum suggest rubbing some Sudocrem, not sure it helps.
  • IsisCrisis
    IsisCrisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check any store that caters to runners. They use a glide stick - looks like a deoderant container, but it's a clear stick that you can rub on your skin to make it glide rather than rub. Also prevents blisters. Works well for exactly what you're talking about.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Baby powder also works. My friend just bought a pair of really thin bicycle shorts to wear under skirts.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the cream ideas. I will definitely be checking them out. I knew there had to be something like that out there.
  • annamaries13
    annamaries13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    baby powder works well and actually, in a pinch, so does a swipe of deodorant. sounds weird, but it helps!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Plain ole vaseline. I know it sounds too simple but it works. It was suggested to me by a friend who is an avid cyclist. I was having trouble when running getting raw during the summer, then on my bike rides, it was just as bad. Vaseline worked WONDERS! Cheap too.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    cornstarch also works in a pinch.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot so most creams & such don't last all day when I use them.... so I have started wearing bike shorts under all my skirts & dresses.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't wear many skirts but wear under armor compression shorts when I run. That might work for you. Also try body glide.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i use scent free roll on deodorant..the one i use is actually from hospital from when i had surgery..i use it everytime before i workout i googled around when i 1st started working out the inner thighs jus killed me with rash and bumps..not amymore!
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree that baby powder does the trick!
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Also consider those trendy new colored leggings or good ol' Spanx. The longer Spanx will cover the part that rubs AND make you look very slim in summer dresses/skirts.
  • JollySnidge
    JollySnidge Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use calendula cream from Amazon, it works on eczema, which I suffer from, and it's really good on heat/sweat rash too.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot so most creams & such don't last all day when I use them.... so I have started wearing bike shorts under all my skirts & dresses.

For men they make long legged boxer briefs made out of some sort of synthetic material. They fit more snug than regular boxer briefs and have a smooth texture to them so you don't get chaffing and they don't creep up your legs. I get them at Target reasonbly priced.
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    spanx
  • jkeir7
    jkeir7 Posts: 5
    Options
    try rubbing the coffee grains you used to make your coffee this morning vigorously and rinse! every morning, as the results are temporary, like all other solutions as well.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    (gold and bond fiction) it is by all the gold and bond products and its yellow with a red lid works great you can find it at any drug store
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    tell ya what hun, any where on ya body where skin meets skin which causes "friction" (yep its red and really sore - been there done that lol) give the area a wash and a pat dry, apply sudo cream - it works wonders!

trouble with baby powder (in my experience that is lol) is it dries out the area out too much and it caines more lol, not everyone is the same, some people it helps, some not, in my case - not lol