Bottom of my belly won't go :(

Options
The bottom of my belly literally looks like a bottom and hangs down lol its been seriously upsetting me for a while and has been like a black cloud through all the weight loss. Doesn't matter what I do can't get rid of it. My partner tries to convince me its just loose skin but doesnt feel like it and surely you only get that when you lose a lot of weight quickly? I had it when i was bigger too but now its just getting smaller and higher up but its just not shifting anymore. Anyone else got this problem and/or tips/solutions to get rid of it??

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just keep losing body fat. A small calorie deficit and time are the only thing that will help. Also, weight training can help with muscle retention. If any none of that works (or you end up in the lower end of an acceptable weight range) it's possible a bulk phase will have to happen where you gain some muscle to help fill in you skin.
  • shawtiibabyy
    Options
    Okay thanks. Well I'm 4ft 11 weighing 7st 13lb think I can safely go down to 6st 13 and still be at the healthy weight bmi so I should just continue the weight loss for now and see where that gets me and start weight training? been jogging 3/4 times a week 20 minutes at a time thinking that might help to strengthen stomach muscles and the obvious sit ups.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Okay thanks. Well I'm 4ft 11 weighing 7st 13lb think I can safely go down to 6st 13 and still be at the healthy weight bmi so I should just continue the weight loss for now and see where that gets me and start weight training? been jogging 3/4 times a week 20 minutes at a time thinking that might help to strengthen stomach muscles and the obvious sit ups.

If you want my honest opinion, i think you need to bulk up at this point. You are barely 100 lbs which means at best you have 88 lbs of muscle. Also, I would suggest doing a good weight training program. At the minimum for a month or two, i would eat at maintenance until you are in a comfortable position with a weight training program. Also, you can strengthen your muscles all you want, but if you don't have enough of it and there is a layer of fat on top, you will never get that flat stomach. Based on history, you are falling into the same issue as every 100 lb women I know. You just don't have enough muscle to protrude through your skin to give you a flat/defined body.

ps- don't listen to BMI. Even when I get to 6% body fat, I will be over weight. It's because I have muscle. And And muscle is what provide a lean and tight body. So I am ok with being 10 lbs overweight when I have a six pack. Below is a good example of why weight is worthless. Staci is a power lifter.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Some people call it the mothers apron. I've only seen it on people that have kids and have gained or lost quickly. I'm sure losing more & more will help but at this point mine is in my way and really keeping me from working out / running to my fullest capability so I'm having mine surgically removed in a couple of weeks. I lost all my weight on my own (85 + pounds so far) so this is also a reward & motivation for me. I had mine for 16 years... looking forward to it being gone is an under statement!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Just let it keep getting smaller and higher up until it is gone completely. Hang in there.