What are some good protein powders and bars?

Options
Does anyone have any really good recommendations for a good protein powder to mix with fruits for a really good smoothie, also some good recommendations for protein bars.
Thanks

Replies

• jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have tried all different kinds of protein powder and can't really tell the differnce between any of them. I do love the Luna Bars though. All the Clif Bars are good too.
  • Sinisterch1k
    Options
    I have tried Jillian Michaels Protien vanilla powder. Its good with fruit, kind of like a strawberries n cream almost. Blends well, has only 100 calories.

There is also this store brand from Vitamin World. They have different flavors but its a protien isolate. It is 100 calories and tastes good. I tried the Mango flavored version. The only thing I didnt like about it was that when mixed with fruit and water in a blender, with too much blending it would become frothy. They say you can add it to water and tastes good. It dissolves on contact with water.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Clif Bar Chocolate Chip....the best!
  • aws_pandemic
    aws_pandemic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Of the different proteins that I have tried my favorite is 100% gold standard whey by Optimum Nutrition. It mixes super easy and tastes great (especially the double chocolate)!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Look up Spiru-tein protein powders on the web. They are my FAVORITE ones. They blend well and aren't gritty like other protein powders. Currently, I am drinking the chocolate peanut butter swirl...but I love their banana, vanilla, strawberry and pina colada flavors. If you used to like how the milk tastes after fruity pebbles have been in it, then get the pina colada. That is what it reminded me of. Plus they have a good dose of vitamines and digestive enzymes in each scoop and are all natural.
  • fofour
    fofour Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like the EAS brand protein at our local Sam's Club. 5lb. for $28.00 and the Vanilla really mixes smooth with very little effort. I mix with different fruit flavored yogurts it tastes great
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with fofour on this one. TheEAS at Sams is a five pound bag, I believe its over 70 servings per bag for $29.00. Taste doesnt matter if your mixing it, this brand was the first I could drink by mixing only water with it.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LUNA BARS!!! :)
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Special K protein bars - I love the double chocolate! 10g of protein in every bar, and they taste awesome! :)
  • cat1110
    cat1110 Posts: 28
    Options
    I used to use the EAS Whey Protein, but someone introduced me to Shakeology and I LOVE it! It's more expensive than regular protein powder, but has tons more nutrients in it. I drink it for breakfast and it definitely gets me through the day. It has also really help with digestion.

As far as protein bars, my favorite is Pure Protein Peanut Butter. As far as high protein bars go, I find it to be the least gritty.

Good Luck!
  • redbedhead
    Options
    My favorite protein powder is Syntrax Nectar. It is a whey protein Isolate. 90 calories per scoop, no sugar no fat. Mixes in water with just a spoon. Tons of different flavors. If you use a blender bottle, or a blender it will get really frothy.

My favorite protein bar is the Rockin' roll nut bar by Labarada (Sp?). It looks and tastes just like a payday candy bar, but is healthy.
  • cns04b
    cns04b Posts: 1
    Options
    We drink Syntha 6 by BSN. It tastes so good with water, has only 200 calories per serving, and very little carbs and sugar. We were eating clif bars until we looked at how many calories, carbs and sugar it had and only for 10 grams of protein, no thank you. Syntha 6 is good because it has 6 different proteins that release at different times instead of just a whey protein. Good luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking BSN Synth-6 every morning this week with 1% milk. Man oh man this stuff is good. Next week i'm going to switch to fat free milk, but other than that I can highly recommend this protein mix.