Need Some Advice

Options
Hey everyone im on here to lose the most amount of weight for my upcoming anniversary on june 27. Currently im 5'7 193 lbs my wife is my inspiration for my lifestyle change as we are separated and trying to work things out with her and show her i can become a better man for her.
Right now im on a low calorie diet and i exercise daily doing the p90X program ive been slacking on for months. I have a pretty good idea of how i should be eating cuz my brother is a raw vegan and eats nothing that is processed and bad for u. I am also taking Hydroxycut pro clinical. I know the pill itself wont make me lose the weight on its own but i respond to it well so far and it gives me the necessary energy to work out since my metabolism is dead slow right now.

Im asking everyone for a few tips on how i should do this i used to be in the US Army JROTC in high school so this is not the first time ive trained for something. and i was considering on doing a colon cleanse. Ive been feeling bloated all the time for a month or so before this its annoying.

Thanks

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My advice is to ditch the supplement. Exercise will bring the metabolism back if you stop slacking (your word to describe how you have been exercising). Keep eating low cal with no cheating. Simple? No, it's hard or there wouldn't be so many posts like yours. No one here can help you. Only you can if you decide you are really going to do this.
  • tarnyacarrier
    tarnyacarrier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have you tried following the meal plan that comes with the P90X program? I made the mistake of not following it the first time around and my results weren't that great. The second time I did the program I followed the plan and had amazing results! I suggest following it :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I don't know you or your wife, but I'm thinking that if you want to be a better man for her, that encompasses making long-lasting changes in all kinds of things-not just dropping a bunch of lbs by June 27. I'd be more impressed that my husband made behavior changes that seemed reasonable and sustainable-not that he went balls to the wall for a month to impress me. Maybe try just eating better and getting regular exercise (p90x or whatever)? Ditch the pills and the cleansing and all that. Just adopting healthy behaviors that you can sustain is way more impressive.
  • IrvingUribe
    Options
    Yea i have thought about not taking it i might just take it on the days i need a little boost. I looked at the meal plan i i think i can do it :) i just need to get the recovery/protein drink but that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your input. ill be looking to get more from everyone since i know i'm not the only one haha
  • IrvingUribe
    Options
    Yea, i know where i disappointed her in my marriage now and im making the adjustments to be a better person long term. Its like the easiest things too i was blind for too long and i lost her. But i understand what your saying and i appreciate your help. Im 22 so this is my first marriage but thats a whole other discussion.