What do you motivate yourself with?

Options
For some people it is exceptionally difficult to see others succeed at weight loss and not get down on themselves. Especially when they did it with a pill or a surgery or some other method other than diet/exercise. (I know I'm not the only one :sad: )

I know you don't know what your neighbor or some stranger is doing (or maybe you do) but you can't judge yourself based on what they are doing....

It's tiring to keep reminding yourself sometimes, but what do you motivate yourself with? What do you tell yourself? Youtube? A song? Picture? Thought?

What do you do?

Edit: AND has it Worked!!

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm having a rough day too. The scale went up, despite exercise and staying in my calories (overall) for the week. I'm trying to think about how strong I'm getting, and how being active every day and watching what I eat is a victory in and of itself. The weight loss will come. I'm focusing on the health of my body, not the scale.

The result is that I actually WANT to exercise. I can't wait to go home today and get moving again. I can't wait to plan my light, nourishing dinner. I know how good I'll feel when I do those things for myself today (and everyday)!
  • Cbdaugh2
    Cbdaugh2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds and I'm in a plateau, so to motivate myself, I wear my old clothes for the day (around te house) just to see how far I've come and it motivates me to feel like I can keep going. I really havent seen any of my weight loss myself because it hapened so slow for me (2 years) even though I worked my butt off every day.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Honestly. My online support keeps me going. We've all had those days where we just want to cry because nothing is happening (or so it seems) and normally those moments would be when I'd stop and just give up. I'm proud to say I've been on my journey consistently over a year and everytime I felt like giving in and giving up I reached out to my FB teams and on here. It's helped me so much to realize that I'm never alone.