How do I beat cravings?!

Options
I'm getting my usual pre menstrual cravings? Any one share what will satisfy those cravings without resorting to major carb attack?

Replies

• kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes!
  • Cbdaugh2
    Cbdaugh2 Posts: 15
    Options
    multivitamins! you're probably craving some kind of vitamin or mineral.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    All I can think about are chips and chocolate. I'm literally pacing the floor! It's 730 pm here. What's good to have in the cupboard on standby?
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Find a healthier solution.

Chips - try Quaker Rice cakes
    Chocolate - Try a chocolate protein bar (Quest has a Cookie Dough one - YUM)
    Ice Cream - frozen yogurt or Protein shake w/ fruit

Also, get more iron rich foods, and I 2nd the multi vitamin if you are not already taking one.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    get out of the kitchen...go for a walk if possible...get your mind off the food...remember WHY you want to lose weight....strip down to your undies and look in the mirror!!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    eat them :D
    just kidding, well kinda, everything in moderation is key.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Find a healthier solution.

Chips - try Quaker Rice cakes
    Chocolate - Try a chocolate protein bar (Quest has a Cookie Dough one - YUM)
    Ice Cream - frozen yogurt or Protein shake w/ fruit

Also, get more iron rich foods, and I 2nd the multi vitamin if you are not already taking one.

Is iron deficiency the problem? I've noticed from my food diary that I don't do so well with it. Does it cause the craving?
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would just go for some chocolate! Try a good piece of dark chocolate. It's so rich that a little goes a long way. Good luck and don't guilt yourself too much over it. Those PMS craving are tough!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    whenever I have cravings If I can just make it through the craving day, the next day the craving ussually dissapears :) And I ussually have a ton of energy the next day too which is weird :p
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    grapes or watermelon! Also, at whole foods there's this "frozen ice cream" pint with (supposedly.. but I'm always skeptical) 150 calories for the whole freakin pint!! try Vanilla Maple! It's by Arctic Zero!!! 8 grams of Fiber and 14 grams of whey protein!! I eat the whole pint!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It usually happens when my iron is low. I try to take iron supplements a couple of days before and during to ward off the temptations. I also keep some good dark chocolate around and have a few pieces( 3 pieces= 1 oz.) when cravings get bad.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A few squares of dark chocolate might do the trick, or a small amount of what you want... Frozen grapes dipped in choccy (or strawberries the same)...

I agree take a multi vitamin supplement and make sure you're getting enough nutrients and calories on a regular basis and then a little bit of what you fancy when you NEED it won't hurt...
  • 22workout
    22workout Posts: 36
    Options
    REMEMBER HOW HARD YOU WORKED FOR SOMETHING THE MOMENT YOU ARE CONSIDERING GIVING UP.

http://tiffanyrebeccablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/quote_dont_give_up(pp_w741_h741).jpg
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on one of those toaster waffles and then workout! It curbs my appetite, tastes really good, satisfies my brain and also gives me the energy to push out some time on the stationary bike!
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with finding healthier solutions. These are my go-to snacks:

Salty: Air popped pop corn
    Sweet: Fruit, cinnamon almond raisin bran with soy milk
    Chocolate: Protein bar, kashi dark chocolate mocha bars, Special K crisps (chocolate or chocolate caramel)
    Ice cream: Frozen greek yogurt, chocolate pudding, blended up frozen bananas
    Sweet and salty: Pop corn sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar, toast with PB2 and sliced banana, whole wheat waffle with PB2 sliced banana and sugar free syrup

During my TOM I try to load up on protein and fiber. That helps to keep me from stuffing myself with empty calories.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water, and find the joy in saying no.
    Find the joy in exercising your will power and being in control.

I sat next to my little sister as she devoured a whole bag of doritos last night. As much as I wanted even just one, when I went to bed I got to lie there and feel quite proud of myself for not doing it. Learn to love that feeling!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I prefer to murder cravings... I mean why stop at just the beating?
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    All I can think about are chips and chocolate. I'm literally pacing the floor! It's 730 pm here. What's good to have in the cupboard on standby?

I have dark chocolate hersey kisses. Each one is 20 calories. If you pop one in and suck on it (rather than chew the crap out of it) by the time you finish three, your craving is nearly diminshed. At least this works for me.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    moderate the cravings...

if i want a treat, i check serving size and reduce it to half or less and then PUT THE REST AWAY. that way, i can still indulge, but with little or no guilt, and no temptation to keep chowing down.
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't beat them. Eat them.. just in moderation.