So I did a Spartan race...

ksimmons19
ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
I weigh a little over 200 pounds right now. I lost weight, gained it back, lost more, gained more. Over. And over. I've been in a relationship with a really good looking and fit guy (without trying, he can wake up and run a spartan beast just for kicks without doing any exercising for months) I have no idea why he's with me. I'm fat, and I've gotten fatter since we've started dating. He and his friend were talking about doing the Spartan Sprint here in Texas back in October and I drunkenly stated that I would be in good enough shape by that time that I would do it with them. So here I was last Friday wanting to cry, because I hadn't stuck to any workout regimen what so ever and felt like a complete failure for not only not training for the race, but actually had GAINED about 15 pounds since the start of our relationship that same October. I told him I wasn't going to race. But, I showed up to the race and told myself I was going to finish no matter what. And I did. I ran, outside in the Texas heat, in rocky and hilly terrain, 5 miles and completed 15+ obstacles and 120+ burpees for failing 4 of them. I am Spartan :) it felt good. I can't wait to continue to do obstacle races and mud runs. And continue to do better with each one. It felt uncomfortable to be a fatty among so many awesome athletes. But it also felt pretty cool to know that I have the mental capacity to get out there and do my best. For anyone thinking about doing something like this- JUST DO IT! Don't worry about time, just finish. You'll surprise yourself with your abilities.

Replies

• booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Good for you to get out there and just do it! You've proven to yourself that you CAN! Awesome job :-) You should be super proud of yourself!!!!!
  • frog131908
    frog131908 Posts: 9 Member
    I watched one! lol Very interesting. May join in next year. Good job
  • Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Good for you! You're right, it is so a mental game! Hang in there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!