advice

Options
Ok I was fine at 1200 calories but now that I workout every day and there hardcore workouts I'm hungry all the time I'm on weight watchers program at 26 points I eat all my points and am straving still I'm afraid I'm gonna binge soon idk what to.do I.don't.wanna go over my daily target and I'm so worried if I eat more ill gain!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    On MFP, when you log your workouts, you are supposed to eat back those calories earned. Even on WW, at least on the last plan I was on, they give you bonus points for activity. It's good that you've identified this as a possible trigger to failure but you also need to know that it's not a healthy way to lose weight - you're donig more harm than good by not properly fueling your body.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    it's not that hard. eat more. 1200 is not enough. period. eat back your exercise calories. you're still at a deficit.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just like Minnie said...you should be eating back your exercise calories. That's why MFP shows your your NET on your profile. You need to eat them back to properly fuel your body from your workouts.

Working out is for fitness, not weight loss. To lose weight it's 80% what your put in your mouth and 20% fitness.

BUT 1200 calories, is too low to NET anyway. I did it for a very long time, and yes, I did lose a lot of weight, but it kept me flabby (even after working out 6 days a week) and keeping me at a plateau for a year.

If you have time, check out this post. It's rather long but very informative. I'm on this right now and I'm eating close to 2000 calories a day and losing about 1lb a week. I'm never starving, I'm not crabby and I have a lot of energy to get through my workouts.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • nazi123445
    nazi123445 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice I mean my.issue isn't losing muscle I had test done and am 40% muscle ill.take in a extra 100 calories and.see if it helps!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice I mean my.issue isn't losing muscle I had test done and am 40% muscle ill.take in a extra 100 calories and.see if it helps!

I don't think 100 is enough... You shouldn't be netting out less then 1200 calories.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It's actually quite simple. If you're feeling physical hunger, eat.
  • nazi123445
    nazi123445 Posts: 9
    Options
    Ok so ill.try.to net 1400 a day and see if.it helps ill just be.over my ww.points