Trying to tone up belly sag and man boobs

Options
khontz
khontz Posts: 31 Member
I have lost over 130 pounds so far and will be nearing my goal of 240 in the near future, The problem is I have some belly sag and man boobs as Iike to call them. Can Anyone recommend some excersizes to help me with this situation? I know that all of it won't go away but any suggestions will help.

Thanks

Replies

• RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: You can not spot reduce.

Now with that out of the way....

I have the same issue, and I have seen great results from:

For Chest:
    I am lifting one day focused on Chest, so I do an Incline Press, Bench Press, Cable Cross-over, and Fly.

For Core (includes abs)
    I am doing Sparta twice a week and Boot Camp one. They are mostly made up of variations of Sit-up, Russian Twist, Every form of Plank they can think of, and several obleque work-outs.

Basically, keep losing fat, and these too will change.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Dead lifts
    Over head press
    Bench press
    Pendly row
    Power clean
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    I think what is being said is...gain muscle, lose fat.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Dead lifts
    Over head press
    Bench press
    Pendly row
    Power clean

This along with eating at a deficit.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Dead lifts
    Over head press
    Bench press
    Pendly row
    Power clean

tumblr_mmyoyi7lgG1sqm5a1o1_500.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Dead lifts
    Over head press
    Bench press
    Pendly row
    Power clean

This along with eating at a deficit.

^ This. You need to lose more weight to get rid of the belly, but definitely start strength training so you like what you see when that fat is gone. Damn fine job so far and congratulations!
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... I'm in the same boat, and everything I have researched and learned from the smart people on these forums is the above advise of Squats, Deadlifts, etc... Personally I have chosen the Strong Lifts 5x5 to get things rolling. Doing it with one of my boys and SWMBO. I can already feel the improved muscle underneath the fat.

I don't know how tall you are, but unless you are 6' 4" or taller, my guess is you will have to go a bit farther below 240 to get rid of the belly and moobs. I'm 6' 1" and my initial goal is 200, but I can tell already that the belly and moobs will be the last to go on me, and I may need to get in to One-derland to finally have a flat stomach and hard pecs.

I'm doing it though and you can to. Don't sweat it now though. Just concentrate on getting to your initial goal and start lifting heavy.

Good luck
  • khontz
    Options
    6'1 here and pretty large framed guy that is why doc don't suggest me going for the 200 range.. would look too anemic....
    his advice and he has been right on target.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    6'1 here and pretty large framed guy that is why doc don't suggest me going for the 200 range.. would look too anemic....
    his advice and he has been right on target.

Weight isn't just a function of fat loss, it's also a function of maintaining and/or gaining muscle. Get the rest of the fat off first while strength training to maintain muscle mass. When you get down to a flat stomach, then reassess your goals and go from there. It may even involve eating at a surplus to gain muscle mass. It sounds like you are getting to the point where the scale is less important to evaluating your goals than the mirror and a measuring tape.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just a question as I am new to this...

Can you lose all the flabby bits as I have an apron from 5 c/sections and some bingo wings, from all the tv stuff they all opt for skin surgery, but I will never be able to afford something like that and would love to hear that it is possible to get rid of it by exercise and good nutrition...

So can you actually exercise flabby tummies and bingo wings away?
  • Tavo77
    Tavo77 Posts: 6
    Options
    me too!!!
  • khontz
    Options
    currently doing strength training three days a week and cardio the other 2 days. It is helping but the weight loss has slowed to a pound a week to week and a half. I know that the toning is a slow process but I can definitely see and feel the difference. I am down to 230 and thinking I will settle in somewhere around 215-220. Wearing a size 36-38 pants down from a 54!!!!

Have a lot of jeans in the 42-46 range that are like new if someone can use them. Hate to throw out.

Feeling great!!!!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    If any sagging or boobs are due to the fat present in the area, just keep loosing.

Otherwise, it's stretched out skin, and as far as I know that's permanent. Would require surgery to remove it.