First 5k

Options
ctd51688
ctd51688 Posts: 5 Member
My wife and I ran our first 5k this weekend, but it was not a normal 5k, it was an off road 5k in the Arizona desert. We had a blast and finished 21st and 22nd out of 125 runners. It’s amazing how much better I feel and what I can accomplish after losing 70+ pounds. I am only 3/4 of the way there on my weight loss, planning to lose another 30 pounds.

f3e0b0db-4f2c-4926-bd53-769533cfbfdf.jpg

36be3335-f341-4cd6-a771-24e0743cacc3.jpg

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :heart: RUNNERS! ROCK ON BROTHER!:drinker:

ETA: Great transformation thus far!
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Congratulations! Running can be addictive.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Oh. . . this will be your first of many 5Ks!!! I started running two years ago with the sole intention of running a 5K....now I not only run 5Ks, but 10Ks, 15Ks & 3 half marathons. Running is addicting. Hope you both have much continued success at healthy living & running!!!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
    You look amazing!! :)
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    that is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! :smile:
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job to both you and your wife!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look great and congrats to both you and your wife on that run! Great job gettin' it done!!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    Awesome job! We were at the same 5k! Too funny. Congrats on your finish!!
  • ctd51688
    Options
    That is crazy that we were at the same 5k. Small world. Thanks
  • ctd51688
    Options
    That is crazy that we were at the same 5k. Small world. Thanks!
    Awesome job! We were at the same 5k! Too funny. Congrats on your finish!!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both for a super finish on your first 5K! Most all successful MFPers have a photo of themselves finishing a 5K...you're now pretty much guaranteed success! Great job!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both for a super finish on your first 5K! Most all successful MFPers have a photo of themselves finishing a 5K...you're now pretty much guaranteed success! Great job!

If only I could figure out how to upload a picture! LOL

Great job! Isn't it a great feeling - and to do it together makes it better! I ran my first Sunday with my fiance and it was awesome to finish together after starting our training together 9 weeks ago!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! Keep working!
  • sashawn1
    sashawn1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats...keep up the good work....
  • TheRunnerDad
    TheRunnerDad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! The running bug will get to you and your wife. I did my first last Christmas, will be doing my 4th this weekend on the beach... Running is the best thing that has happen to me... I'm in the best health I have ever been.... have fun... join walk -runs for weekend fun... keeps you out side and off the couch...:wink:
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are an inspiration! I'm relatively new to my running journey, but I decided to use a couch to 5K program as part of my regular workout routine, and just ran my first chip-timed race (of only 1 mile) a few weeks ago. My goal is to run a 5K by the end of the summer... I'll keep your journey in my mind as I keep training and losing weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!