Here I go...

Options
Hello to everyone, I just learned about this website from my Doctor. I am 38 years old and have been battling the weight issue my entire life. I have also been the caregiver for everyone else and let myself go to the wayside. Today is a new beginning for me....time to shed those pounds. Any and all advice is welcomed.

Replies

• sno_flakee
    sno_flakee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We always seem to put ourselves last. If we don't take care of ourselves, we can't take care of our families. Tell them it's Dr's orders that you eat well and exercise. Encourage them to do things with you...
  • traybo
    traybo Posts: 10
    Options
    This site has been a big help to me over the last couple of months, its great to see the stories of others, to realise that lots of people face the same issues and to get support when you need it most. Last November I decided to get myself into shape - my 40th birthday was looming and I had been overweight most of my life. In the early days I'd make a point of re-emphasising to myself why I hated being overweight - the health worries, the thoughts of being too big for the airplane seats or theme park rides, not being able to find nice clothes easily, etc. Eight months later and I've lost 78 pounds and am really pleased. I still have another 14-21 pounds to shift and I have weeks where I might not lose anything or might even gain a pound or two when the willpower slips, but I see these a minor setbacks not a reason to fall off the wagon for good. Set yourself small goals and achieving them will spur you on. Good luck to you!
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long, I learned about it from a friend. I've battled my weight forever (it seems) but I've decided that I'm tired of being heavy and not having the energy to chase my boys (or mule) thru the neighborhood and I am going to change that. Add to that the fact that my Mom is borderline diabetic and here we are a week later (that I've been truly serious) with 3 Zumba classes under my belt. I figure 2 hours a week isn't too much to ask for myself (and the grandparents love seeing the kiddos) and soon there's going to be a tradmill in my basement for the other 5 days of the week. I hope you find your exercise niche and remember we don't all start out as experts in whatever we decide to do and that we put it on one or two at a time so that's the way it has to come off ... even though it's really frustrating. You're more than welcome to friend me if you'd like ... it seems the more friends you have the faster the support comes in :)

Good luck!