Thigh Chaffing

Options
So, generally I wear these particular type of work-out briefs that are made of spandex and have long leggings specifically so that my thighs don't rub together as I'm running. However, I have worn a small hole into them while working out two days ago and now have a small, but annoyingly, chaff mark. This sucks because I like running on the treadmill and usually walk for an hour after the gym, so I've come to the community to see if there's any possible solutions to allow me to continue working out and walking.

I'm already going to grab a few new pairs of this type of boxers, and I think that will help a lot, but I'm just curious if theres anything else I can do for now while I have this injury.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    No clue about the shorts/pants issue, but Body Glide is your best friend.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    get some glide to prevent chaffing!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

You beat me to it.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

YUP!!!!
  • juliannorton1000
    juliannorton1000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can I just find this at Wal-Mart or something? =o
  • micheleb15
    Options

Most sports stores should have it. You can look on their website to find authorized retailers.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you don't have body glide, deodorant works pretty good in a pinch. Just roll it on the area(s) that normally chaff
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Spray deodorant! Works great!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I assume you mean the anti-chaffe Body Glide, because my mind went to the one they sell at cvs!
  • micheleb15
    Options

Most sports stores should have it. You can look on their website to find authorized retailers.

I assume you mean the anti-chaffe, because my mind went to the one they sell at cvs!

I ordered mine on Amazon. I've never actually bought it in a store and I don't have a Wal-Mart near me to know where it's sold. I just Googled. :)
  • Alta2000
    Options
    Walmart has the Gold Bond Friction.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts. $20 at Walmart, Target, etc....they are spandex. I wore them in the beginning to eliminate chafing. Don't bother with creams, they are 1 time fix. They will last a long time. Get 2 pairs if needed. You wear them in place of underwear/boxers when working out.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    lube up
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If you're man enough (:wink:) you could pick up some Monistat Soothing Care Powder Gel (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/monistat-soothing-care-powder-gel/ID=prod6143714-product). It totally helps with chafing--it's too bad it's only marketed for women! :happy:

Edited to say: I'm sure ALL the men on MFP are man enough to overlook male vs. female marketing. LOL
  • lorriemb
    lorriemb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is expensive. Platinum Wet is a "personal" lube that is very silky/slippery like Body Glide and VERY affordable.

Link to drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/wet-platinum-premium-lubricant/qxp170846?catid=181914
  • Alta2000
    Options
    Body Glide is expensive. Platinum Wet is a "personal" lube that is very silky/slippery like Body Glide and VERY affordable.

Link to drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/wet-platinum-premium-lubricant/qxp170846?catid=181914

I was thinking the same body glide, but apparently there is a Body Glide they are talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Skin-Glide-1-6oz-Tube/dp/B0031Y4S0U/ref=pd_sbs_sg_2

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-BGCB-Bodyglide-Original-Anti-Chafe/dp/B005L8YVRO
  • Daveb1355
    Daveb1355 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    To help heal the parts already chaffed, I use A&D ointment. You can find that in the baby section. Its mostly for diaper rash, but I have used plenty to help heal various chaffed parts!
  • duncabry
    duncabry Posts: 5
    Options
    these shorts will work .
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Vaseline will also work just fine.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is why I love MFP. There is so much support!