I'm FULL but still want to eat

Options
Do you ever get that way? I ate a bag of vegetables for lunch, they were delicious. I drank an entire bottle of water. I am physically full. But there's pizza sitting in the cafeteria... and I want some pizza.

What do you do to deal with these things?

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If all I had for lunch was bag of veg and some water I would want to eat too :indifferent:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You're not actually full.. you're feeling bloated which is different...
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I would have some protein with my veggie bag.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Distract yourself for 15 minutes. That feeling goes away.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yeah if all you ate were veggies your body didnt get the things it needs. its awesome your eating healthy, but out of those veggies the only macronutrients your getting are carbs. try adding a little olive oil over those next time to give yourself some good fats and you need need need protein with every meal. your wanna lose fat weight not muscle weight.
  • lookitscaitlin92
    Options
    substitute? But you probably could go with something else with the bag of veggies for lunch :) But yeah, instead of having pizza have an alternative similar to pizza but healthy. If you have already eaten that and the veggies, a distraction of some sort is good.
  • anthonygeee
    anthonygeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat sloooooooooowly. But for now jut give it some time ;)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. It doesn't matter what/when I ate I can ALWAYS eat more. I have a serious food addiction.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Why would you only eat a bag of vegetables... your body needs protein and fat too.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you combine those veggies with a protein, you'll be able to avoid that pizza a lot more easily. I think there's a big difference between being 'full' and 'satisfied.' I'd be full on a bag of veggies, but not satisfied :)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    This is me today...well, the "old" me is trying to come out. After a weekend of eating like a piggy, I want to snack all day. Just say NO and I have prayed a lot today, but as some said, yes, up the protein. :/
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    yup, its called pigging out lol.

People say that they crave this or that food. And i used to think that to myself.

But for me, what i really crave it the pig out behavior itself.

It just so happens that the pigout behavoir isn't enjoyable unless its on chocolate, pizza, pretzels, doritos, peanut butter... things of that nature.

Currently working on being able to enjoy those foods in my diet more regularly and NOT allow them to trigger piggout behavior... not going so well so far but i'm working on it.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    that's when self discipline is important. it takes time and work to develop but you just have to do it!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would have some protein with my veggie bag.

Agreed
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I disagree I had water and veggies (cooked in alot of olive oil) and raw spinach with feta cheese for lunch

veggies and water are a great lunch, you just need to add fat and protein (cheese anyone?) SMALL PORTIONS and log it on MFP
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    also sometimes it seems like eating begets more eating lol. like i just get on a roll or something. I pretty much eat the same lunch and breakfeast ever day. protein powder mixed in with my oatmeal and berries in the morning and grilled chicken with a salad for lunch.

the more i stick to the same foods everday, the easier it is to avoid that 'on a roll' feeling.

although it does get pretty boring, perhaps you get a little bored with food in general and thats why its not so hard to avoid it.

honestly never get sick of the protmeal tho, its delicious.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    would also suggest adding protein.

MFP sets your protein intake much to low in my opinion.

i super pigged out on icecream and candy this weekend to the point where my stomach hurt.

I still had a sense... maybe not of hunger but that i wasn't really feed enough of something lol. i assume it may be because i was getting far less protein over the weekend then i was acustomed to
  • bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I disagree I had water and veggies (cooked in alot of olive oil) and raw spinach with feta cheese for lunch

veggies and water are a great lunch, you just need to add fat and protein (cheese anyone?) SMALL PORTIONS and log it on MFP

2 oz. of cheese is my afternoon snack :) And a greek yogurt for more protein. I get plenty of protein in the other meals, but I will spread that out more for lunch... and work on my self discipline :)

Thanks everyone!
  • Huntress72
    Huntress72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

But you don't disagree lol. Water and veggies are not a great lunch at all. You just said yourself she should add fat and protein...same as most other people have said