Looking for a goal buddy!

Options
Hey everyone!!!! :happy: I am looking for some friends who's goals are close to mine. I am a mother of a 4 year old daughter and also have a step son (14) and step daughter (10). Anyway, I am 5'9" currently weigh 289.5 (JUST GOT BELOW 290 YAYYYY) and have about 90 pounds to lose....maybe more?? My doctor says my goal should be to weigh around 200 due to my build. If I get to 200 and think I could stand to lose a little more than I will. When I started my lifestyle change my long term goal was to get into a size 14 (US) again however, now I am wanting to get into a size 12 (US)...currently in a size 22/24 (US)!

Just so this is clear....I am not saying there is anything wrong with any size that someone elses goal is as long as it is a healthy goal for you. :smile: I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is around my size with similar goals so that we can assist each other to reach those goals....

Wish you all the best in meeting your goals!!! :laugh:

Replies

• SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am 5"11 and currently at 277. I have lost 9 lbs so far and would love to help motivate you. I am looking to get to 200 or maybe even a little past it. I can't remember the last time I was! :smile:
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was about your size when I started my journey over 2 years ago. I have lost 61 pounds to date and have dropped from a size 24 that fit tight to a 16-18 depending on where I but clothes. If are interested please request my friendship!!
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am similar. I am 6'1 and currently weigh 283.4. I wear a U.S. size 22. My goal isn't based on the size I wear but on past weights I have been at and how they affect my body. At my current weight I have joint issues as well as mobility issues. I also come from a family history of high bloodpressure and diabetes and do NOT want to end up with either so I want to be healthy to avoid them. I also have a young child. My son is 5 and I have 2 older children ages 25 and 21. Add me if you like:)
  • ramira1977
    ramira1977 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just recently started...I am 5'7 285 when I started, lost 4lb this week. I could also use a buddy to help motivate me, as I help you =) Due to my build I am also trying to get to 200 & possibly more if I feel it will not make me look ill. Feel free to add me as a buddy if you would like...any & all help & motivation is appreciated. I will accept request from any one responding to this post as well. Good luck on all of your journeys with weight loss!!
  • FantasticKitty01
    Options
    Hi! We have similar things going on: I have a 5 year old, I also want to get to around 190 - 200lb. I currently weigh around 287 (i went down to 266, but I lost my motivation and went on a "screw it" spree). I would love a two-way street motivation :D

Add me as a friend if you'd like or message me.

:)

-Cristy-
  • sabriniahaynes
    Options
    Hi there. I would love to take u up on that offer. I started my weight loss journey a week ago, and have lost 7.5 lbs thus far. Currently, we weigh the same amount and I would like to lose about 100 pounds...good workin' out to you. I committ to sharing all the tips I learn along the way...