MyOatmeal.com <<--Oatmeal Addicts Check this out!

KML617
KML617 Posts: 220 Member
Ok, so I'm totally addicted to oatmeal. I have it for breakfast every morning... but oatmeal can get boring pretty fast so I'm always looking for new ways to dress it up and make it more interesting. I was playing around online one day and stumbled on this brand new customizable oatmeal website...

www.MyOatmeal.com

They offer Instant, Steel Cut, Whole Grain, or Gluten free... and about a million different flavor combinations. First you choose your oats... then one of their all natural flavorings, choose a sweetener (or not, up to you), and mix ins like dried fruits, nuts, flax seeds or chia, etc!

As you build your custom blend you can see the nutritional levels on the side of the page so you know what your getting, and the serving size is pretty good... 1/2 cup dry (makes about 1 cup cooked). And so far all the flavors I've built have stayed around the 150 calories per serving.

My flavors built so far...

Strawberry Almond Sugar Cookie (Sugar Cookie Flavor w/ dried strawberries & almond slices)
Blueberry Fax Seed Muffin (Blueberry Muffin flavor w/ flax seeds and dried blueberries)
Peanut Butter Apple (Peanut Butter flavor w/ dried apples and powdered peanut butter for double the PB)
Pineapple Raisin Carrot Cake (Carrot Cake Flavor w/ dried pineapples, raisins and sliced almonds)

Seriously a million different possiblities... if you're like me and love oatmeal you'll be addicted... or if you don't love oatmeal but think it's good for you and looking for a new way to spice things up and make it easier to go down you'll still love it!

Check it out and Enjoy!! :drinker:

Replies

• timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    This looks great! Though I know oatmeal is good for me, I've stopped eating it because it makes me feel famished an hour or so after breakfast. Maybe with some things like flax seed meal and nuts I can stretch out how full it makes me feel, and this tool looks very helpful. Thanks!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Bump. Thanks!
  • iowa_cy_girl
    iowa_cy_girl Posts: 8 Member
    :bigsmile: This sounds great! Going to check it out as soon as I can! Like you, I love oatmeal, but its getting boring eating the same flavors day in and day out. Thank you for the info!!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    OMG You have just cost me gross amounts of money

:( BOOOOOOOOO OMG the shipping to Canada was more then the products I had picked I did not follow through with the order, Cant see spending almost 80 on it when the product itself was only 34 dollars.
  • sourpower434
    sourpower434 Posts: 47 Member
    Another way to spice up oatmeal that will keep you full until lunchtime...add a scoop of protein powder after you cook it! Just use more water, heat in microwave, and stir in the protein goodness. Cinnamon-swirl or vanilla protein powders work great!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    yum this can become very addictive!! :) i can wait to order...
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    i eat mine raw, with yoghurt, cinnamon and honey. YUM!
  • KML617
    OMG You have just cost me gross amounts of money

Haha...Well... the site is still new and the owner seems to be very thankful to new customers feedback and good publicity! When you checkout they give you an option to link their website on facbook, google plus or twitter... and they will give you 5% off your order for each one! (up to 15% off!)

Also... when I received my first order they gave me a card with a link to a satifaction survey.. and when I completed the very quick survey they gave me another code for 25% off my second order :happy:
  • KML617
    Another way to spice up oatmeal that will keep you full until lunchtime...add a scoop of protein powder after you cook it! Just use more water, heat in microwave, and stir in the protein goodness. Cinnamon-swirl or vanilla protein powders work great!

Last I heard this site is actually going to add the option of including whey protein as one of their add-ins!!

The site is still developing so they are trying to build off what customers are looking for... and protein is a big one!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Bump!
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    I had spinach, broccoli, blueberry, coconut milk and oatmeal smoothie or thickie for breakfast.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    I used dates for sweetner
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    This is great, Thanks!!!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Amazing, bump
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    I love oatmeal and eat it many times per week. The blends on this site are really awesome-sounding.

One thing I hate though, is when companies list their products as "low calorie" and list a serving size that wouldn't fill a gerbil. Their serving size is 40g which loosely translates into .17 cups, maybe 3 tablespoons, or less than 1/4 cup. When I eat Quaker Oats, I use 3/4 cup, so I'm looking at about 170g+, which is over 4 servings. So, instead of 150 cals I'm looking at 600+.

If you're not looking for low-calorie, this stuff sounds amazing.
  • dthifault
    dthifault Posts: 6
    I don't think that's really a fair comparison of serving sizes if your taking about plain oats vs. a product with fruits and sweeteners.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    bump
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    My fiancé and I just ordered two bags yesterday. Her creation was steel cut oats, German chocolate cake flavor, shredded coconut ,cane sugar and pecans. My bag contains quick rolled oats, graham cracker crust, blue berries, splenda and PB lean. I already have more flavor mixes I want! Next order will have carrot cake, raisins, walnuts and brown sugar. Also gingerbread cookie , crystallized ginger and brown sugar
  • KML617
    My fiancé and I just ordered two bags yesterday. Her creation was steel cut oats, German chocolate cake flavor, shredded coconut ,cane sugar and pecans. My bag contains quick rolled oats, graham cracker crust, blue berries, splenda and PB lean. I already have more flavor mixes I want! Next order will have carrot cake, raisins, walnuts and brown sugar. Also gingerbread cookie , crystallized ginger and brown sugar

HA!! My Carrot Cake Blend is on it's way... and my next blend sitting in my shopping cart is graham cracker crust with blueberries!! Now you make me want to add PB lean to it!! =P

SO ADDICTED! :love: lol
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    So now we just need it in Australia - I'm so jealous!! :)