Won a Personal Trainer, the next six weeks will be epic!

Options
Hey,

My name is Suzy and I'm 20 and from the UK.

I joined MFP a few months ago, and have since been logging my food and weight every day using a Fitbit Aria, a Fitbit One and MFP for the food :)

Last week, I won a competition for 6 weeks of 1-2-1 fitness training.

Today I had my first session and he has stated that he would like me to come in six times a week to train!

I am just writing this post because I would like some new friends (who I don't know in real life) to come through this journey with me, which I am assuming will be the most successful of my weight loss time so far!

I am hoping to see great results and believe this is going to change my life somewhat!

Please add me, and with a message :)

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Suzy what a score! Congrats on your win on the personal trainer. So you get this personal trainer, 6 days a week for 6 weeks! You'll do amazing! I love working with a personal trainer, but I do it in a group setting ... of about 4-10 people, 3xs a week.
  • Suzy_Slim_Soon
    Options
    I am so motivated at the moment! When I heard I had won the competition I was jumping round my sitting room for like 20 minutes!

6 days a week for 6 weeks is going to turn me into a whole new person! Going from not much exercise, to this much is going to make such a difference and I am SO LUCKY! :happy:
  • Sonia_weight
    Sonia_weight Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so motivated at the moment! When I heard I had won the competition I was jumping round my sitting room for like 20 minutes!

6 days a week for 6 weeks is going to turn me into a whole new person! Going from not much exercise, to this much is going to make such a difference and I am SO LUCKY! :happy:

Oh wow! you should really share your tips as you progress! Maybe with some friends on MFP or friends in real life so we can see if this benefits them too? :D x

WTG
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh you are so lucky! I was just saying today I"d love a personal trainer. Can't wait to hear your results!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Take lots of notes and utilize them even after your 6 weeks are up!

:drinker:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Congrats WOW that is awesome. I would love to go through this journey with you. Can't wait to see your progress and hear whatever tips you can pass on. I am quit a bit older then you but have lost 112 lb in the last 2 yrs and have been thinking of getting more into weight training, I joined a yoga class this month with my daughter and have decided every month to join a different workout class with one of my daughters, great way to get in shape, try something new and spend some one on one time with my girls........looking forward to seeing your progress
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh, WOW!

Lucky you! I'll take the journey with you!
  • Suzy_Slim_Soon
    Options
    I am planning on going back to the gym after my six weeks are up, and every month or so, asking him to re-evaluate my fitness programme!
    As I am a member of the gym, it only costs around £20 for one of these consultations and I think this would be completely worth it!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You won a Personal Trainer? Another human being? That's so wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Is he hot, Suzy?
  • Suzy_Slim_Soon
    Options
    Is he hot, Suzy?

Sadly not particularly!

He's very sweet and helpful though, and 100% knows his stuff!
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I loved working out with a trainer! After my initial package was done, it turned out to be too expensive. My advice to you is to show up to work hard and take advantage of every moment. I would also recommend writing notes after some sessions that you loved so you will be able to replicate what you did on our own! GOOD LUCK
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Don't even THINK about the scale! I swear to you I was 135 when I started with my trainer and 8 weeks later I was 135! (if I can find the pix I will post them) BUT............I was TWO full sizes smaller, my body had transformed.

If you feel you cannot do a certain move, or he is making you do something you don't feel comfortable with, use the term "Modify" this way you are not saying "I can't" For me, that helped me to move forward in a positive manner.

I would say ":huh: Uh, modify?" and then do the modified version of the task at hand.

Oh and the other thing is.............sometimes they tell you to do simple things you think are silly. They are NOT :love: My waist trimmed down 3 inches from simple movements like picking up items from the ground.

Have fun! Those were the best workout times of my life. Can't wait to see your results:drinker:
  • Suzy_Slim_Soon
    Options
    Don't even THINK about the scale! I swear to you I was 135 when I started with my trainer and 8 weeks later I was 135! (if I can find the pix I will post them) BUT............I was TWO full sizes smaller, my body had transformed.

I am going to continue to weigh myself I think for the moment, as one of our goals together is to lose weight, and I do have a fair amount of it to lose.

However, in addition to this we have taken my waist and thigh measurements and I am hoping that we will see a large change in these :)

Thanks for your message though :) lots of good advice! I'm glad you liked your personal trainer! I'm hoping that I'm going to come out of this experience with a whole new outlook on life and exercise!