I suck at exercising!!!

Options
So, I went away for the weekend to Boston for a baseball game and to hangout with friends and I got back and weighed in and I gained 3lbs!!!! Ugh, I am so mad at myself, I did a lot of walking and a lot of stairs but nothing happened I gained weight. I wish I didnt love food so much, it wins every time and I'm never gonna lose and keep off this 10-15lbs for good, it is definitely true it is the hardest part of your weight loss process!!! Any advice for someone who loves food and doesnt like exercise.....aka.....EVERYONE!!!! Ahhhh help!!! Thanks!!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate around 13000 cals above your maintain cals, its probably water weight from sodium of eating the processed foods etc
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    ...and isn't that a hopeful message! Let's hope for water retention!
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Yeah, just do some light walking, and drink a lot of water, I'm sure that extra few pounds will just fall right off. :)
  • Versha19
    Versha19 Posts: 20
    Options
    I would love it if this was just water weight.......heck I hope all my 10-15lbs I want to lose is water weight haha.......thanks for the help and support I am just so bad at staying focused and I get bored with both food and certain exercises easily I think I have weight loss ADD ughhh haha thanks the more advice the better!!!!! :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    just sit tight and see where you are on weigh in day! drink lots of water and eat well! put it past you and move on! you'll be ok!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Read the links on this page!!! If you havent already!!! Because of these I am eating alot MORE and Losing weight!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    sorry no easy answers here. you can't talk negative to yourself, it gets into your head and then to your body and then you really "can't" do it you can do anything you really want to do, and where most of us don't want to work out we do want the results. so you learn to at least tolerate it

I LOVE food too, and i have found I get to eat A LOT of it and learn new reciepes and foods flavors and combinations trying to balance the calories with fat and sodium intake, its fun, and the food is great and i enjoy ever bite of it at 1500-1600 cals a day, i even have a mcdonalds icecream from time to time

its all about 1) self inventory, be honest with yourself, we all (including me) are guilty of making excuses to justify the areas we are lacking. once you've done that its about dedication and commitment, it might be weeks before you see results or you might get lucky and see them in days but either way stay strong and dedicated.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The fact that you walk and take stairs tells me that you don't "suck" at exercising. Just focus on reasonable, positive changes and keep going forward :)