Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gained 3 lbs?

I've been bounding around 110 recently, and for the past few weeks I've been most often 109. Recently I went a week without weighing myself. (Well, more like 5 days or so). I know weight fluctuates, I'll just weigh myself everyday or two to see the trends. (For example, if I bounce between 109 and 111, then start seeing between 110 and 112 more often I'll watch to see if I'm gaining) I last weighed myself... Monday or Tuesday... and was between 109 and 110.

Anyways, on Friday I ate a big sugar cookie and a big scoop of low fat homemade frozen yogurt. I don't think I've been eating much more, but I don't know as I've neglected to update my food log this week. (Big mistake, i know).

I've been working out a lot more these past two to three weeks, doing the 30 day shred (Level 2!), logging about 15 miles running a week, and doing things such as rock climbing, swimming, etc. Compared to logging 8 miles a week, not doing the 30 day shred, and only rarely doing other exercise other than my runs and a 2x/week circuit training.

I weighed myself Saturday, and my weight has gone up to 112. I checked again Sunday night, and then Today, and still 111/112,

What did I do wrong?

Replies

• Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    You increased your workouts.

You could very well be retaining water. Adding or changing up your exercise regime will cause your muscles to retain water. You need to drink more water. Oddly enough - the day or two after I do Plyo or heavy Circuit training I am up 2-4lbs. The next two days I go back to my normal running.... drink TONS of water and within a day or two...I'm back down. If you are at goal and in maintenance mode....this will happen. Watch the carbs and the sodium and drink lots of water. You didn't gain 3lbs that quickly.
  • tyagow
    tyagow Posts: 11 Member
    The same thing is happening to me. After I do heavy circuit training I gain 2-4lbs. I've been drinking 80oz of water everyday at the minimum. Is that still not enough? I know the weight goes down after several days but it is super frustrating seeing that kind of fluctutation when working out so hard and eating properly.
    Thanks for the info.
  • Oh... okay.... thanks for the tips! I was sort of wondering if it was possible to gain that quickly, but I didn't know. Glad to know what's causing it, so I don't have to worry and wonder about what's going on.