I created a new exercise for newbies

Options
Hi, I'm Rob (hi Rob) and I've been at this for two weeks. Exercise doesn't come easy. The first week was readjusting to eating better which hasn't been that hard. I've eaten more fruits in the past 14 days than I have in 20 years... seriously!

I started trying to exercise but I have let myself go so long that it really hurts my back and calfs (calves, calfes?) bottom part of my legs. I have an arm-pumping stationary bike and I have started using it but I really do want to be able to get out and walk again without having to stop every 50 yards.

So today I went out to the garage, turned on my iPod and started dancing to the first song that had a beat. Ironically, it was Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself."

The garage door was closed, of course, so it was about 100 degrees. Afterward I logged on to MFP and created a new cardiovascular exercise for us newbies that's fun, easy and nobody's watching! I named it exactly what it is:

"Dancing around the garage like an idiot."

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    LOL Rob. :laugh: I think you have the perfect attitude to losing weight. Ya gotta have a sense of humor. Thanks for posting this; it gave me the giggles. :tongue:
  • joetrumpet
    Options
    You might want to try 10 minute trainer. It gets good results in just a few minutes a day. It's really great if you haven't done much in a while or ever.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh so hard!!!!! Also, how do you create a new exercise on this site???
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh. I also went to find it in the exercises and couldn't. Did you really add it? If so why can I not find it?

Thanks for your post!
    Mary
  • Roboguy
    Roboguy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mary,
    Unfortunately I think it is added only as my personal exercise. But now the good news. I actually did it a second time and recorded it. I may do that once a week as a video diary of my weight loss.

Or, it will become a viral video of a BFG (Big fat guy) going spastic in his garage.

I'm cheering for you to make your goal Thursday!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I figured it out. Go to Exercises. Then My Exercises. On the right you can create your own workout. You do have to know how many calories you burned though, as the system will not tell you.
  • Roboguy
    Options
    Yeah, so I just guessed that Dancing around the garage like an idiot for 5 minutes burns 350-zillion calories.

Actually I just compared it to aerobic dancing. It came out to about 80.

I could have just listed it as aerobic dancing but that could be cause to have my "Man Card" revoked. Like eating yogurt in public (unless it's frozen) or watching the Lifetime Network when you are alone.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yeah, so I just guessed that Dancing around the garage like an idiot for 5 minutes burns 350-zillion calories.

Actually I just compared it to aerobic dancing. It came out to about 80.

I could have just listed it as aerobic dancing but that could be cause to have my "Man Card" revoked. Like eating yogurt in public (unless it's frozen) or watching the Lifetime Network when you are alone.

Garage dancing to garage music :laugh:
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is so cool! You did awesome!! Remember this because if you keep this up in a few weeks you will see such a huge difference! I am very excited for you!! Please keep us updated with your progress!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Go, Go, Dancing Garage Guy! Thanks for the :laugh:
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HAHA!

WINNER!!

Come to think of it, I've been in a few Garage Bands and did a little Garage Dancing whilst making Garage Music!!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I believe there is dancing on the site or I may have found it on a different calorie burn site. For me, an hour of "vigorous" dancing (and I think you were dancing vigorously at least you were as I envisioned it!!) :laugh: burns 280 calories.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Correction: 292 :happy:
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too funny, Rob! And by the way..watching Lifetime alone or with someone can also seriously damage your manly standings. that is unless you're watching Lifetime to seriously up your chances of getting lucky...then it's alright.. As long as you don't tear up!:cry:

Although....a really good cry has got to burn a more than few calories...If that's the case, sign me up! :sad: :tongue:
  • Roboguy
    Options
    Ah Ms. Funk but a man is also permitted to watch Lifetime with a woman if he is making up for a mid-level transgression such as taking too much notice of one of her friend's physical attributes. That specific blunder will cost you at least 30 minutes of Lifetime.

There are some things that could cost us as much as a week's worth of TiVo'ed Oprah reruns. They can't be mentioned here.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The Billy Idol dancing and comments on Lifetime were enough to get a big smile on my face but when I noticed (after reading your profile) that your pic is your face on Jillian Michaels' body, I honestly laughed out loud. You're a hoot!

Way to go on your creative exercising!