Need help with new work out shoes?

Options
I've been fitted twice before at running stores for running shoes and turns out both models were Asics stability shoes which I love. They are comfy and fit great, even though I'm not much of a runner. Fast forward to today and it turns out I'm knock kneed and for me running is an effort in futility.

Anywho I need some new workout shoes and am planning on doing some basic walking on treadmill or outdoor trails and also doing some at home workouts with 10 minute trainer and those types of circuit workouts. No running for me. So should I continue with a stability running shoe or get some type of cross training sneaker. Should I get fitted for cross trainers as well?

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would try on different shoes and see what's comfortable - I have both Brooks and Asics stability shoes ( I rotate my shoes each day and workout) they are both 'running' shoes and I don't do much running mostly walking but they have the support that I need. I trying on the shoes and walk around the store a bit, do some squats, small jumps etc.. a few moves of what you would do when working out to see if they are going to support you with they type of activity you are going to do.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well i have some Reebok Zigzags and i really like them.. i used to buy Nike and Adidas and they are good brands as well but the Zigzags i am very happy with.
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If the fittings are free, I would definitely recommend getting their opinion first.

I would think your current shoes would be just fine, but it is amazing how much difference the right shoe can make.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    my wife and I are Brooks fans.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well i have some Reebok Zigzags and i really like them.. i used to buy Nike and Adidas and they are good brands as well but the Zigzags i am very happy with.
    i just got the reebok zig zag also and i love them!!!!!!!