Is Brisk pace as fast as you can go!

Options
Would you say that Brisk pace is going as fast as you can go. Cause when I walk I go as fast as my little legs can go but sometimes some people pass me! I knows its 4.0 miles per hour but I dont carry around a pediometer in front of me...lol!

Replies

• secretscribbled
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not sure at all how fast I walk, all I know is that I walk faster than most people. I just tend to put 3 MPH when I enter my exercise because I'd rather underestimate the calorie burn than over estimate it. Do you know of any good ways to log the actual speed? I have a pedometer somewhere, but I need a new battery, haha.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    theri is a run walk but maybe its not you pace but your stride keep up those brisk walks good for you:happy:
  • orpheus1
    orpheus1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually got on a tread mill and figured how many calories it gave me for 30 minutes at 4.0, and went from there. As long as you put in the right weight and age etc. it should be pretty accurate. Then if you add hills etc, it gets trickier, but it's a good starting point.
  • latronseya
    latronseya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a blackberry, and it has an app www.endomondo.com that uses your gps to track my activity, and it tells me how far that I walk and my pace. As Far as brisk walking, I read in one of Bob Green's book that when you are walking that it should be where you are able to talk, but is uncomfortable talking. He said that is how you know you are walking in a brisk pace. I can't remember which book that it was, but it was one of the first ones that he wrote. I hope my info helps you, good luck!
  • nanubr
    nanubr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I actually searched online before entering my exercise and found out if you walk 1 mile in 15 minutes that means your average speed is 4mph and if you do it in 12 minute your average speed is 4.5 to 4.75 mph

PS: To know how many miles I walk I google my route
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the info! Its helps alot!
  • secretscribbled
    Options
    That helps a lot, nanubr. Since I know that three laps around the track here is one mile, and I can walk that mile about 10 minutes, I now know that I walk faster than I thought. So I guess I have been underestimating!