Sandwich thin as pizza crust?

ka_42
ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I'm making home made mushroom pizza tonight for dinner. I have naan bread to use as the crust but it's really high calorie. I keep buying it because my boyfriend loves it. I was thinking of trying an alternative crust. I have some sandwich thins but I don't know if they would do well in the oven. Has anyone tried this? Suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    I would think it would work great! I've never done it myself, but others have with success! Go for it and expiriment, let us know how it turned out!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    I'm sure they would work fine. If your not sure just go easy on the sauce so it doesn't get soggy. I use whole wheat tortillas for pizza, the La Banderita brand is only 80cal.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    I use sandwich thins for mini pizzas all the time. I toast them slightly first (I like very crispy crust) then add the toppings. Putting it under the broiler cooks it pretty fast, and it's very yummy!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    I have also used those english muffins that are only 100 calories. They work well too and toast up a little better than sandwich thins.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    I've done english muffin (Thomas Better Start Multigrain, only 100 calories and have fiber and protein) pizzas many times with no problems. I think you should be fine, just watch the pizzas closely.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Thanks all!! I'm constantly learning in the kitchen so I hesitate to try something new without knowing someone else was successful first! :)
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Mmmm...sounds good. My 4 year old would love this as much as I would...and he could make his own. I have used the Flat Out kids bread for pizza and those were yummy. The kids bread is lower in calories than the "low" regular Flat Out but still delish!
  • I do this with sandwich thins and/or English Muffins. My advice is to lightly toast the thin or muffin before you prep the pizza. If not the sauce can make them a little soggy. I just pop them into the toaster for a few and then they are good to go!
This discussion has been closed.