My biggest NSV

Options
easternNCchick
easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
After 14 years!! 14 YEARS, I can officially say I am a former smoker. Today marked 1 year smoke free!!!

Feels great to be able to workout, run, play volleyball, etc without hurting in my chest. No more bronchitis 4+ times a year! YAY!

b7co42.jpg

Replies

• easternNCchick
    Options
    Wish I knew where that extra money went though lol
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!! You are awesome! It is so hard to stop smoking and yet you did it, congrats!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    After 14 years!! 14 YEARS, I can officially say I am a former smoker. Today marked 1 year smoke free!!!

Feels great to be able to workout, run, play volleyball, etc without hurting in my chest. No more bronchitis 4+ times a year! YAY!

b7co42.jpg

That is great! I bet you are saving lots of $$$$ since in some places ciggies cost $12.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Way to take control of your life! :drinker: Congrats! I've never smoked but my husband DID (he quit about 5 years ago) it's not easy, well done! Enjoy life!!! :flowerforyou:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you!
  • brigidy
    brigidy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! I don't know where the money goes either! If you find it let me know...I'm 10 months smoke free and just as broke as when I smoked!!!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome job, I quit 11/14/2009. I know how hard it is, stay with it
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I also went cold turkey recently, and I haven't had any cravings ever since! :D
  • easternNCchick
    Options
    way to go fellow quitters! I had the help from Chantix for a week before I had to just go cold turkey. I def do feel better though. Do not miss the smell or taste/lack there of. Wow things taste so different now
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good work! I'm a former smoker myself so I know how hard it is.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! For the next year put away the $$$$ and treat yourself & loved one to a special trip!!! I wish my 50 year old boyfriend would quit....he's been smoking for 30+ years! Its frustrating....what I save for my retirement monthly, he burns up in smokes....My biggest fear is being alone because of this crazy habit.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! You should be proud!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is such a special NSV. Congrats a thousand times :) (hugs)
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is a huge accomplishment for yourself! You should be very proud of yuorself and here is to a new healthier you!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done! I'm imaging you doing a happy dance woo-hoo!

I gave up 7 years ago after smoking since I was 16. My world IS a much better place sans ciggies, and I do really appreciate smelling nice, even if I did go a tad overboard with tasting stuff since :blushing:
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!