Anyone who went from fat to amazing shape?

Options
I use to weigh 185 and now I am down to 126 but I want to lose this last 10 lbs..I am having a hard time getting rid of it!! I stopped with diet soda and crystal light and my energy has gotten a lot higher but I am still at 126.. I do Zumba twice a week sometimes 3 and I do some weights as well. I eat okay on the weekends a good on the weekdays..I am trying to get control of my diet more on weekends but am having a hard time controlling myself because its hard to stay away from it..Any tips Would also love if I saw peoples motivational photos of women went from fat to 4 packs! I have had 4 kids and for having a one year old I am not too bad but I need better!!!!

Replies

• carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 25lb from last summer to the fall of '12. But those last 10-15lb haven't budged.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I went from around 170 ( a lot on a small person like myself!) down to 122-125ish. I don't think I'm in *amazing* shape, but here's what dancing all day can do to ya: http://s571.photobucket.com/user/ShannonYTP/library/MFP
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look great! We have the same inches in hi[s and you are a half inch smaller in waist
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    hi,

Sounds like you did a great job! Congratulations especially after having four kids. It is possible to go further. Motivation comes from autonomy and mastery. Creating the lifestyle that is yours and having the knowledge to implement it. When you have that you can carry your diet into the weekends and increase your workout burning fat longer. Zumba does great for the heart and burning calories. What I think you need to add is fat burning. This involves engaging muscle not momentum. Lots of high cardio involve moving from one position to another carrying momentum. Try adding another day of weight lifting.

Knowing more about nutrition and physics of working out is what keeps me motivated right now. I am not a the A+ body however i'm still on my way and I feel like I can create my own workouts and meal plans because I know more. That motivates me over the weekends.

Hope this helps.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!

Feel free to check out my story on my profile. I definitely don't have a six pack, but this past week I've been seeing my lower abs poking through..progress pics due for an update :laugh:

And I agree, the last 10 pounds were the hardest for me. I ditched cardio altogether when I lost weight, but since Zumba and cardio worked for you thus far keep at it and you'll see the results you want!
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! You are basically what my goal is.. Got any tips? I do p90x 2 for weight training a few times a week..Mostly the legs and arms..I do zumba monday and tuesday nights sometimes thursday mornings.. Depending on how I feel. I also go running or ride bikes when I have the energy :) I upped my cals recently to 1400 calories..Between chasing after my 4 kids and working out 4-5 times a week I figured my body could really use the extra cals. :)