30 day shred....how did you do??

Options
I started the 30 day shred today...harder than I expected, but I really like it! :happy:

Have any of you completed the 30 days? What were your results? I heard your measurements will change drastically but weight not so much.

And for those of you with positive results...did you follow a specific diet plan or just maintained within MFP calorie guidelines?

Replies

• julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred, and would recommned it to anyone. Not much different on the scale - a couple of pound, but then I haven't much to lose anyway, probably about 1 inch off my hips, waist and bust but the toning is awesome. I've got a much flatter stomach area (I can see some muscles!! and my arms and back has so much more definition - I keep looking at the muscles on my arms:laugh: . Well worth doing. I now do it once or twice a week to help with more toning up.
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    Hey, I did the 30 day shred, I have been traveling so I didnt necessarily do it every single day but at least 5 times a week.. and I did see pretty good results measurement wise.. and I will fill you in when I get home as to whether or not it affected my actual weight.
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is the 30day shred? Lots people talking about and just wondering what it is/involves? I just started 'healthy eating' last week and I have already talked myself into Zumba, Sparring with boyfriend/punchbag, the couch to 5k run thing and doing kettlebell stuff (DVD not yet received) and just thinking that I may beable to fit this in or would it be a do the shred and nothing else?! Thanks :happy:
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just done Day 1!! Sweating like you wouldn't believe!!

I had to keep stopping before the end of each cardio session. Funny how long 30 seconds feels sometimes!!

Think I have had a pretty good workout though and will probably ache tomorrow!!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    Yay that's awesome! Yah, I am really feeling it in my abs and shoulders. Woot!
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    What is the 30day shred? Lots people talking about and just wondering what it is/involves? I just started 'healthy eating' last week and I have already talked myself into Zumba, Sparring with boyfriend/punchbag, the couch to 5k run thing and doing kettlebell stuff (DVD not yet received) and just thinking that I may beable to fit this in or would it be a do the shred and nothing else?! Thanks :happy:

It's the Jillian Michaels workout DVD - contains 3 different phases. You can get it on amazon or download it.
  • Katherine1687
    Options
    I got mine from HMV yesterday
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I completed the 'Shred' and LOVED it. I did see a weight loss difference. I am a heavier woman, so since I started I lost about 35-40lbs. (of the 45lbs I lost). Now, because I was heavy, I did each level for 30 days. So, I really did 'the 90 day shred' - hahaha. But it was good for me and proved great results. I have moved on to her Yoga Meltdown and loving that right now. Best of luck to you.
  • tlraney1
    tlraney1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have just finised day 6 of the shred. I haven't seen ANY weight loss but have gained 2 pounds. I did add an additional 30 min of cardio a few days ago to see if that would work. I am going to check my measurements on day 15 so I am really not sure where I am on that yet.

I am just a bit bummed that I haven't lost anything with it.
  • Katherine1687
    Options
    Oh my Goodness I ache this morning!!

I did the first day of Level one yesterday and this morning my legs, arms and abs all ache!!

Need to find some time today to fit in day 2

:happy:
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    I have just finised day 6 of the shred. I haven't seen ANY weight loss but have gained 2 pounds. I did add an additional 30 min of cardio a few days ago to see if that would work. I am going to check my measurements on day 15 so I am really not sure where I am on that yet.

I am just a bit bummed that I haven't lost anything with it.

Argh I hate when that happens! Did you measure yourself at the beginning? Hopefully that 2 pounds is from muscle-gain! I hope your day 15 weigh-in is better! :D Good luck :D
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    Oh my Goodness I ache this morning!!

I did the first day of Level one yesterday and this morning my legs, arms and abs all ache!!

Need to find some time today to fit in day 2

:happy:

Haha I felt the same way......and I never realized how fricken hard pushups are :grumble:
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    I completed the 'Shred' and LOVED it. I did see a weight loss difference. I am a heavier woman, so since I started I lost about 35-40lbs. (of the 45lbs I lost). Now, because I was heavy, I did each level for 30 days. So, I really did 'the 90 day shred' - hahaha. But it was good for me and proved great results. I have moved on to her Yoga Meltdown and loving that right now. Best of luck to you.

That's awesome! How long is the yoga meltdown work out?

Wow, your results are SO inspiring!! 90 day shred sounds like a good idea...it'll probably take me a month to be able to do a proper push up anyway....my arms are so weak ... or maybe my body's too heavy lol