home exercises.

Options
tessi1993
tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
Hi everyone,

What are some exercies i can do at home to burn calories?

Replies

• affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

What are some exercies i can do at home to burn calories?

tons.
    pushups, jumping jacks, grapevines... i mean, there's countless at home exercises.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    exercise videos on you tube, jumping jacks, jog in place, jump rope, situps, pushups, crunches
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I use FitnessBlender.com in the winter when I can't get out.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii they are pretty cheap these days so if i cant get to the gym ill play wii fit which i got 4 15 dollars and I'm always sore the next day!
  • lilmsrosie87
    lilmsrosie87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use the nike training app at home. It's pretty much like having a personal trainer with you. It tracks your time and gives different exercises for free. Only downside is that it takes forever to download, but I think it's worth a try.
  • tessi1993
    Options
    thanks guys these are all great ideas!
    i do sit ups, squats etc but they dont burn calories on MFP
    can you log those apps? etc.
  • tessi1993
    Options
    i just dont get how i add them onto MFP
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody has said Insanity. No equipment needed. Your body is your equipment.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    And don't forget jumping rope. I agree about Insanity. I do most of my workouts at home, with a variety of all the aforementioned activities, and although I've yet to buy Insanity, I have had some killer workouts just stealing some exercises from the infomercial and doing those. There are endless great at-home options. Good luck!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do tae bo and leslie sansone walk away the pounds. honey.. I have so much fun.. I bust out doing dance moves when I can't do a exercise.... I just try to continue to move instead of giving up... oh yeah.. I go up and down my stairs...
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I log it using the "add exercise" option or by the "Calisthenics" choice by finding out how many calories you burned. I use this site:

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?srch=walking

put in your weight and length of time you do squats, push ups, or any other activity and it will calculate calories burned so you can enter it into MFP :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    push ups
    squats
    lunges
    switch lunges
    mountain climbers
    crab kicks
    bear crawls
    pull ups
    squats
    squat jumps
    burpees
    jumping jacks
    plank jacks
    plank
    tricep dip
    elevated tricep dip
  • ConstanceRuff
    ConstanceRuff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Use the search function on here, there is tons of threads about all different kinds depending on what you are looking for! Or narrow it down a little bit as to what kind you are interested in ;)
  • tessi1993
    Options
    And don't forget jumping rope. I agree about Insanity. I do most of my workouts at home, with a variety of all the aforementioned activities, and although I've yet to buy Insanity, I have had some killer workouts just stealing some exercises from the infomercial and doing those. There are endless great at-home options. Good luck!

OMG im so getting a jumping rope!
  • tessi1993
    Options
    push ups
    squats
    lunges
    switch lunges
    mountain climbers
    crab kicks
    bear crawls
    pull ups
    squats
    squat jumps
    burpees
    jumping jacks
    plank jacks
    plank
    tricep dip
    elevated tricep dip

I do alot of these, but how do i add them here? none of them actually burn calories!
  • bass_girl09
    bass_girl09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is amzing for the winter climate where I live. Thank you!
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have started T25.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    push ups
    squats
    lunges
    switch lunges
    mountain climbers
    crab kicks
    bear crawls
    pull ups
    squats
    squat jumps
    burpees
    jumping jacks
    plank jacks
    plank
    tricep dip
    elevated tricep dip

I do alot of these, but how do i add them here? none of them actually burn calories!

They burn varying amounts of calories. I'd log the fast ones as maybe calisthenics, and the slow ones like the bodyweight strength moves as yoga. If they are more strenuous strength moves like the pull ups, I'd put Pilates. Just mho - no guarantee on great accuracy. I use TDEE, so my exercise calories are just a ballpark figure to give me a general idea of what I'm burning.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I log it as strength(weight) training.
    There are endless possibilities you can do at home! I work out from home and I started out doing The 30 Day Shred. I have a 360 and I have Zumba and nike training, they are both awesome.