33 years old can't loose the weight...Can someone relate?

Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Weigh, measure and log everything. Eat all your calories including exercise calories. Come back in 4-6 weeks and tell us how you are doing.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    your not even logging your food.
    I bet if you start doing that you will see just how many carbs you are consuming.
    You'd be surprised.
  • kiwidadbrad
    Options
    My first thought was muscle gain... I looooove to see the weight come off but its actually going up even though I am fitter and stronger. So to add to other folks suggestions... try a fat test and toss the scales. Also, mix things up. Try new eating plans, learn about low GI foods and alternate training programmes. The body adjusts quickly and becomes stagnant.

Finally - attitude, stay positive and half the battles won. Cheers - Brad (NZ)
  • hatkinson87
    hatkinson87 Posts: 42
    Options
    No offense, but if you don't use MFP that much why are you posting a blog about not losing weight on MFP?? If you aren't tracking through MFP, do you use something else to track your calories? It's really hard to guesstimate on calories when you've set a goal of 1500 a day. Try logging absolutely everything for a week and see if you're eating unnecessary stuff and/or high calorie stuff.

Like everyone else said, you may just be gaining muscle. I would highly recommend measuring yourself!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    And just an FYI, gaining muscle is very difficult. It takes a lot of work (lifting weights), food and time. I highly doubt you are gaining any significant amount of muscle.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Toss the scale and break out the measuring tape.

Ditto this^^^! It sounds like you've lost the bulk of your extra weight and may be at a healthy weight for your height. So the pounds will come off very slowly from now on and take a great deal of work in the diet area to lose anymore body fat. While you may not be gaining any muscle, you are likely making what you have stronger and more compact, so measuring is going to be where you see the changes.

If you've been using mfp to decide how many calories you need to eat, you may want to do some research and see if you need to be eating more. . ( I eat around 1600 daily and that's my maintenance.) The scale hasn't changed in months, for me, but my pant size keeps getting smaller something is changing! I lift 3 times a week and try to do cardio (walking 4.5mph) twice a week. I'm 45yrs old and started at 150lbs. I'm sitting at 127-130 right now. and I started lifting at the same time I started counting calories.

I'm happy to offer support, if you'd like to add me.
  • Hotpink001
    Hotpink001 Posts: 7
    Options
    I guess your right why post a question for help from a fitness site where people would know better than me. But I didn't ask how to loose weight on MFP. I don't weigh myself I just started working out hard and eating better and no weight loss. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just was wondering if anyone had this issue and had solutions for me to start with. :embarassed:
  • digitalplasma
    Options
    I don't have much xp in this, but I've read lots and lots of posts on international forums, national forums, books, articles, blogs and so on and so forth, that hitting the "dredded" plateau can mosdef stop you in your track. You won't gain fat, but you also won't gain muscle or loose any more fat. You've simply reached the point in your diet and training where your body is comfortable. To get out of that loop you need to change the diet (more protein, less carbs? REMEMBER FAT! Fat is NOT the enemy. As long as it's healthy fats) and the excercise routine. If you eat the same every day and use the same training routine, the body grows accustomed to it. Growing muscle and burning fat is a stressreaction of the body to get it accustomed to lifting the weights you are using, running the distance you run etc...
    I hope it makes sence and please correct me if im way off here.
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    33 year old here. I did not lose any weight until I started consistently logging. I found out I was eating too much, even though it was healthy. Like the previous posters have said, weigh and log everything. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    If you don't log you don't know whether you're in a deficit.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 years old and just recently hit a plateau. I started juicing 1 or 2 times a day and the weight is starting to fall off.

Read about it here and see pics....
    http://healthyshrink.blogspot.com/2013/05/after-week-17-breaking-through-my.html