Looking for a great cook book!

Options
TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
I am in a dieting/cooking rut. I want to find a few cook books with healthy recipes and some new ideas. I am looking for suggestions. I can cook just need some inspiration for healthy recipes.

What cook books are your inspiration for healthy eating?

Replies

• twingirls05
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. There are also other ones out there that were written by Devin Alexander (the same person who does the Biggest Loser ones) that I've heard are great too. My neighbor has a few and I'm going to borrow them here soon!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love the hungry girl cookbooks. There are lots of simple recipes---and you get lots of ideas from them too!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Anything by Nigel Slater - not dieting cookbooks at all, but wholesome, simple, fresh ingredients. And I figure most recipes can be adapted to be healthy if they're a bit on the high cal side....

I also have outstanding luck with anything from Fine Cooking magazine, and more recently Cooking Light (I used to find it really dull but it's been much better recently!) if you're in the US.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I love the hungry girl cookbooks. There are lots of simple recipes---and you get lots of ideas from them too!

Hungry Girl is great and I do use them, but I think if you're a foodie they need to come with a warning that they rely heavily on processed ingredients!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I collect and use cookbooks (have literally thousands when you add both books and magazines together) so here are just a few i have been turning to lately -almost all of the Cooking Light books (used a lot of recipes from CL- Fresh Food Fast recently), most of the Eating Well cookbooks (500 Calorie Meals is a good one), Flat Belly Diet and Flat Belly Cookbook (yummy Mexican Stuffed Pepper recipe in there) and Cusine At Home magazine has some great special editions such as Cuisine Lite ..
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like Hungry Girl, Taste of Home's Light Cooking, and Kraft recipes. You can go to www.kraftfoods.com to get recipes. They have a tab named "healthy cooking" you can choose. Also, most recipes have the nutrition facts so you can pick & choose what you want. The recipes are great!:drinker:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    madhur jaffey's world of vegetarian cooking. full of deliciousness, and easily reconfigured to specific dietary needs.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheapskate so I refuse to buy stuff that I can just find online...Plus, I can compare multiple versions of a recipe from different cooks at once to figure out how I want to put something together.

So, I love delish.com they have recipes for healthy things (whatever your version is: low fat, low cal, low carb, whole grain, etc). Some things can be kinda funny, but they give me great ideas when I'm stuck. They have these great pork tenderloin fingers mmmmm

I also like allrecipes.com and cooks.com

Hope that gives you another source of cooking help.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love allrecipe.com. The give all the nutritional information and you can change the recipe from for 19 to 2 people with the click of the button. The reviews are great on each recipe and give you other peoples changes and if they liked the recipe. They have every type of diet imaginable. I also like light and tasty magazine. Great simple recipes with things I am most likely to have on hand.
  • brasslady1
    brasslady1 Posts: 113
    Options
    Sorry but the cookbook that I listed on here is no longer available.........I should have checked before I listed it
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers simply delicious, french women don't get fat, and the cooking light cookbooks.

Also, try myrecipes.com.