Exercising really late at night?

Options
koootenay
koootenay Posts: 126 Member
So I normally go to bed around 5ish AM and I'm at the gym for an hour around 1AM. Because I'm going soo late, should I be counting the burned calories as today or the next day? And what about post workout meals, I don't eat very much afterwards, and certainly not very much protein. It's usually my worked in cookies and such...

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The times don't matter. The cookies do tho
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    meal timing doesnt matter and i count my daily caloric intake as when i wake up till i sleep
  • koootenay
    Options
    Is it not all about calories VS calories out? A lot of people on here say that it doesn't really matter what the food is, like some people eat ice cream everyday and lose weight and are VERY fit. I've tried eating clean before and it just led to HUGE binges. I figured if I can work in a treat ate the end of the day it would be okay.
  • koootenay
    Options
    bump : )
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The times don't matter. The cookies do tho

^^^^ *giggle* ... you can change the time zone on your diary to better accommodate your needs. I live in the Pacific Northwest but I changed my diary time to Hawaii so I would have time to log late workouts. I count one day from when I wake up to when I go to bed for the night, your body runs on your schedule not the rest of the worlds.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I count a day from midnight to midnight. But if it makes more sense for you to count from midday to midday then that won't affect anything, just try to keep a consistent method of logging that fits your schedule.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You are in a good position to try something out since you exercise late at night. We know that HGH proteins are produced after exercise and during your sleep. HGH proteins burn fat. If you eat too many carbs, your insulin level spikes and inhibits HGH proteins. Try to eat before you exercise and just go to bed if you have to eat. Do it for a week and let me know how it goes.
  • reala728
    reala728 Posts: 31
    Options
    im with you in this. i get off work at midnight so i end up at the gym around 1-2AM. i dont have a solid answer for you since i just joined up actually, but im not worried about it. just looking at the raw numbers it really shouldnt matter. just be sure to eat right too!