How to lose on my legs?!

Options
Have always been able to lose everywhere else except all of my legs (thigh to calf). Any suggestions?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You can not spot reduce. Just keep eating at a moderate calorie deficit and the fat will come off your body from all over, including your legs.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    yeah no spot reducing unfortunately. I've got the same problem. Just keep chugging along and hope that your body is nice enough to shed fat there.
  • zh123
    zh123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spinning? I've been doing it 2-3 times a week and found it's really help to tone and shape my legs without bulking x
  • sofiachohdary
    Options
    You could focus more exercise to those areas. I found modifying or adding a few extra yoga poses or aerobics/toning moves seem to help a lot.

Some yoga poses that seem to help a lot is the tree (balance) pose and the warrior sequence. Also a lot of repeats of Yoga Meltdown poses from Jillian Michaels are great. You can feel the pain there, and the fat starts converting into muscle.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Squats..lots of them.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spinning? I've been doing it 2-3 times a week and found it's really help to tone and shape my legs without bulking x

Are you actually implying that strength training exercises will make your legs bulk up? :explode:
  • MackieMotivation
    MackieMotivation Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Squats..lots of them.

ohhhhhh dear, are you implying that squats will burn leg fat?

You can't pick where you strip fat, just keep up with your eating and activity plan and you'll lose it eventually. I find that the area you want to lose from first is always last to go, it’s the law of sod ;)!!

Squats however will encourage muscle to form in your large leg muscles but this will not reduce fat (in the short term although we all know that increased lean body mass will allow you to burn more calories in normal daily life)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Squats..lots of them.

ohhhhhh dear, are you implying that squats will burn leg fat?

You can't pick where you strip fat, just keep up with your eating and activity plan and you'll lose it eventually. I find that the area you want to lose from first is always last to go, it’s the law of sod ;)!!

Squats however will encourage muscle to form in your large leg muscles but this will not reduce fat (in the short term although we all know that increased lean body mass will allow you to burn more calories in normal daily life)

No.:huh:

BUT...they will help with a calorie deficit. Also weighted squats will help.. She will NOT form big leg muscles unless she's eating more calories ie doing a bulk. Heavy squats will encourage fat loss.
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - ehat I'm gettign from this is that I've basically gotta be patient!! If wnd the end of a year (that's my long term goal) I haven't got the legs I want I guess I'll just have to realise that's the shape of em!
  • vikie
    vikie Posts: 36
    Options
    30 day squat challenge really helps to tone.. and there are rest days... they are beuatiful :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My legs are my last trouble spot. If that's where you genetically are predisposed to store fat then you just need to maintain a calorie deficit and reduce your body fat until you start losing there. If you have access to a gym start lifting weights to maintain your muscle so that you're losing fat and not a combination of fat and muscle. Squats, deadlifts, etc are great for your legs, but the calorie deficit is what is going to make you lose fat.
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    I was a dancer for years and have always had large legs. The one thing which for me made most difference to my calf size was introducing running into my regime. Log slow jogs a couple of times a week have helped tremendously for me. The bad news is that it took at least a year for me to notice a good difference though!