Hi y'all!

Options
imegu
imegu Posts: 1 Member
Ok, I'm new at this. I used South Beach and lost 18 lbs in 4 weeks last fall. Then went to New Orleans for a week and ate, ate, ate. Then, Thanksgiving, then Christmas (I love holiday foods). Gained 10 lbs back. Today I joined myfitnesspal and I hope to lose 13 lbs over the next 7 weeks by watching my calorie intake. I'm hoping my new iphone and the myfitnesspal app will be just the tools I need to reach my goal. Wish me luck.

Replies

• bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. You'll find that this site really helps ; I have the iphone app too and it's brilliant!
  • emmaj35
    emmaj35 Posts: 26
    Options
    Good Luck. I love it on here I love reading peoples threads and the encouragement from people. I have just under five weeks to my holidays so I am trying to be extra good compared to normal - more gym and walking at nights.
    Welcome and good luck:wink:
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Good Luck! you can do it......:bigsmile:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good luck! So far myfitnesspal has been such a blessing for me!

Yes going on vacation can be a real diet killer, as the holidays can also be! I am pretty glad I have started this in the summer after my vacations so that I have a while to build up discipline until Thanksgiving and Christmas rolls around. I'm thinking the key might be to plan ahead to allow yourself a few of your favorite things in moderation, and to fill up on some salad or something before you leave your house. I have been doing that for other unhealthy meals I can't avoid (pizza, grilling out etc) and it seems that it is the most comfortable way for me to navigate my diet without making others feel compelled to make me eat things that aren't on my diet.
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing and I am sure that you will not be disappointed at all. I understand all about overeating on vacations or even traveling in general. I started gaining back all the baby weight I lost once I started traveling for work. Everyone on this site is very supportive and motivating so don't be afraid to jump in and socialize.
  • lmberner
    lmberner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also new and have a goal to get my last 20 pounds OFF! The I-Phone app rocks. I have NO excuse no to keep track of my food intake.

Good luck!
  • bigkev2663
    Options
    I love to hear the great story's of the weight loss....I really want this to work....I am tired of being heavy, I want energy and life back in my step!!! I have been doing this for a week and I know I will do fine over time....thanks for all the great story's to keep me on track!
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    MFP saved my life. I've never had more success in any diet I've ever tried to do and this is my forever. We are here to support you in your weight loss endeavor. God bless you! :flowerforyou: