are your settings true?

Options
spm2010
spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
I put my settings to lose 2lbs a week, I am hoping for at least 1.5lb a week but thought this would help as past medication I was on messed up my metabolism and in 1 year I have lost 6lbs. I want to know if, as long as calories are followed, if you lost the weight each week you put your settings to. Is this a plan that will give you the results you work for? Thanks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I put my settings to lose 2lbs a week, I am hoping for at least 1.5lb a week but thought this would help as past medication I was on messed up my metabolism and in 1 year I have lost 6lbs. I want to know if, as long as calories are followed, if you lost the weight each week you put your settings to. Is this a plan that will give you the results you work for? Thanks.

if your metabolism is messed up then you should be working with a smaller deficit, not creating a larger one than you need!
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So far, so good for me. I am down 29 pounds since January. I put 2 pounds a week into my settings, too, but I can't get that kind of a calorie deficit without exercise. With my regular activity and with keeping to about 1200 calories per day, I am still losing about one pound per week. Good luck!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The settings are typically only true in a perfect world where outside factors (other than your diet and your workouts) don't matter with your weight loss.

That being said, most people will choose the highest setting to lose the most amount of weight and get frustrated when that doesn't happen.

MFP sets my calories too low no matter what I do. I eat around 1800 or so calories per day and lose consistently even though MFP thinks that eating this amount will end in either weight gain or maintenance for me.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

if your metabolism is messed up then you should be working with a smaller deficit, not creating a larger one than you need!

What would you recommend? 1 lb or 1.5lbs a week?