Jus started insanity - what should I know?

Options
Hi, I have just started Insanity after a stall in my weight loss, I am looking to lose weight and tone up.

A little about me, I'm 23, female, and currently weight 140lb.

Before I started Insanity I was doing the 30 day shred but was only managing about 4 days a week as the repetativness bored me.

I am currently eating 1400 calories a day, I upped this from 1200 about 6 weeks a go, although one day a week I do usually go over.

I am just looking for any tips or advice on things I should know that will help me see the maximum results.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    is that net 1400?
  • bitterrevenge
    bitterrevenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, because I was only doing 30ds occasionally I didn't bother logging it on here so I was purely eating 1400 a day regardless of my activity level for the day
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    net is the number of calories you eat minus the exercise you do.

if you just eat 1400 and dont eat back exercise cals from insanity you will probably struggle.
  • bitterrevenge
    Options
    I just did the calculations included in the insanity nutrition guide and according to my results to lose a 1lb a week I could eat 1900 calories but that seems relatively high for me
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I just did the calculations included in the insanity nutrition guide and according to my results to lose a 1lb a week I could eat 1900 calories but that seems relatively high for me

sounds about right. i was eating about 2100 while i did it and i still lost bodyfat.
  • bitterrevenge
    Options
    Ok thanks, I think I'll start upping it gradually and see how I get on