Breakfast foods?

Options
I have a real problem finding things to eat for breakfast. Late I've been having turkey sausage and turkey bacon on a high fiber english muffin, which is about 290 calories altogether, but I've been eating it everyday and its starting to get real boring. I would love to be able to get a Weight Watchers or one of those Jimmy Dean frozen breakfasts and just heat it up but I have 2 problems: I am lactose intolerant and everything frozen pretty much has cheese on it and 2, I do not like eggs.

Anybody have some suggestions? I would try cereal but I have to eat a lot of it before it makes me full.

Replies

• ecmedlock
    Options
    try a high fiber cereal.....or oatmeal, both should fill you up and keep you full for a while....
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Try a whole wheat muffin with avocado or have a green smoothie.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    high fiber cereal with fruit! that helps me. almond milk is lactose free. have 1.5 servings of the cereal.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i usually have fruit and yoghurt - with more fruit a few hours later. I very rarely have a cooked breakfast, if i do i have an omlette - wont do you any good though coz you dont like eggs....

errrrrm....... how about turkey rashers with beans on toast
    Tinned tomatos with chilli on toast
    Mushrooms in a pitta
    bacon lettuce and tomato in a pitta
    Cerial - 40g with skimmed milk, followed by fruit
    hope this helps

Mekhala
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    1.25 Cups/59 Grams of Post Shredded Wheat & Bran with 8 ounces Blue Diamond Vanilla Almond Milk is 290 calories.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Regarding being lactose intolerant...you can try Lactaid milk if you do eat cereal. I use the Lactaid Fat Free milk and it's great. Also, you can take a Lactaid enzyme pill (that is what my husband and I have to do anytime we have ice cream, cheese, and whatever else).
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    energy bar and/or fruit

peanut butter and jelly on muffin w/or w/out fruit

Slim Fast shakes (are they lactose?)

shakes: lactose free milk sub, fruit, can you do soy yogurt?, and ice (throw in some peanut butter or protein powder)

Get a juicer: can make some crazy conncotions. Like spinach shakes etc...

Grits: mix in a veggie or a protein
  • apehead1
    apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal and I made no sugar strawberry jam that I put into the oatmeal it's really good. Around 150 calories

Or

Dempsters has a body wise bagel only 140 calories per bagel I put a bit of ultra low fat cream cheese on it about 160 calories

or

Egg whites and throw in tons of vegtables and make an omlette

Just some suggestions
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    You might want to try Nature's Grain Carb Check Original Bagels. They are only 140 calories and they are very big. I toast it slightly in my toaster oven and then spread one wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb. That is only 35 calories so you get a very filling breakfast for 175 calories. Since you are lactose intolerant you might want to use a small amount of reduced fat peanut butter. Just a little of that will go a long way. Then you could add a tablespoon of Smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves. Only 10 calories in that. Good luck!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    what about a greek yogurt parfait? use your favorite fruits - some granola and some greek yogurt. smoothies are also great! throw in some of your favorite fruits (strawberry-banana or banana-peanut butter are two you can do) and drink up! I also have the low sodium full size cans of V8 that i drink in the morning as 2 servings of vegetables right off the bat!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat or cream of rice. Both go well with that turkey bacon or sausage.
  • texicanwife
    texicanwife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mix around a few times a week so you never get bored!

One day you might try oatmeal [Quaker Instant - there's a huge variety! - is about 110-130 calories a serving]. Have some fruit on the side, or add it to the oatmeal.

Another morning... try a little cubed tofu browned with some spinach in a pita.

Make some whole grain pancakes. You can layer them between wax paper and freeze them. Then just pop out however many you want per morning, and heat them frozen in the microwave! Top with a teaspoon of your favorite sugar-free jam or preserves.

You might have a yogurt, a slice of toast, and some fruit another morning.

A high fiber bar and an apple or banana if you need to be on the go!

The point is... don't keep eating the same old thing every day! Soon you'll get bored, and before you know it... you'll slip! Have fun with your food!!!

Keep up the great work!
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I like Coaches oats from Costco. It is seriously the best oatmeal I've ever eaten and it keeps me full from about 5:30 am to 10 am so a solid five hours. I like to mix in a tbsp. of natural peanut butter and a tbsp. on brown sugar and some cinnamon. Then it tastes like a peanut butter cookie :love: lol its also good with blueberries.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Lately I've been loving brown rice porridge. Its really easy.

Make a batch of brown rice when you have time on the weekend and put it in the fridge. Simple.

Heat up a serving of the rice, I use about 3/4 cup. Toss in some raisins, sliced almonds, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and drizzle of pure maple syrup.

Quick, easy, very filling, and not processed.

I also like steamed greens on the side. That doesn't take long either. Just chop them up and steam for a few minutes.
  • paulaswrld
    Options
    I like Coaches oats from Costco. It is seriously the best oatmeal I've ever eaten and it keeps me full from about 5:30 am to 10 am so a solid five hours. I like to mix in a tbsp. of natural peanut butter and a tbsp. on brown sugar and some cinnamon. Then it tastes like a peanut butter cookie :love: lol its also good with blueberries.

I tried this this morning after reading it here. OMG delicious! Thank you. :)