Hi

Options
Hi all i have been using the app for a while but not used these boards before.
I am 32 years old mum of 3 and heres a note i added to facebook today which explains some about me
When we got married in September 2012 i was at the heaviest ive ever been (not many people know how big i was cos i didnt tell em) I was a whopping 17.5 stones, i saw in 2013 at the same weight and something in me clicked this year (every year for the last few years my new years resolution has been to lose weight but it didnt come about) so this year i made massive changes to the way we all eat.
I managed to get down to 15 stone 9lb (so i actually lost more than i originally said, but thats because til now i didnt want people knowing how much i really weighed, even my sisters didnt know), ended up for one reason or another having a "week off" which turned into 4 weeks and ended up at 16.5 stone, so got back on it using a diet called the 123 plan for 3 days lost 3lb but was still always hungry, a friend had sent me a slimming world book and so i took stuff from that and stuff from the 123 thing and went it alone and although i got back to what i had before i keep going between just under 16 and just over 16 (by around 4lbs each way) so today i went to the Dr's.
I saw a new Dr and she was lovely and understanding, gave me Orlistat for a 3 month trial and if it works i csn have it for upto a year, excercise on prescription which means a free/reduced gym/swimming membership for a certain amount of time(not sure how long yet we have to talk about that after ive had my blood test) and she is having my thyroid checked out for me(ive wanted this test for ages, but no one listened well now they have) next Tuesday i have to go for the test and to have my blood pressure taken again as it was slightly high so she couldnt give me the excercise on prescription just yet until it lowers so fingers crossed on that one.
I told her i wanted to lose weight because i didnt want it affecting my health, because my periods were a mess and we wanted to try for another baby, she says once ive lost weight although we wont qualify for IVF on NHS cos we have 3 kids already, if we still cant fall pregnant they will do all tests and everything and help us however they can.
So thats all good in my opinion and here's to the future.

Replies

• udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie, saw your post and, well to cut a long story short I can spot desperation when I see it. Only because I am in the same boat. I'm a lot older than you at 53 but I have the same desires and am sick of doctors who just hand you a diet sheet printed off their computer when you go to them for help. I do have an under active thyroid gland and it took the medical profession ten years to treat me despite the awful symptoms. Needless to say I gained massive amounts of weight that I find I can not shift. I have developed other health problems that are majorly exacerbated by my weight. If there was ever a living advert to lose weight it's me! I had 188 pounds to lose when I started two weeks ago and I have lost 8lb. I'm going to be here for a long time to lose it all, but I am determined to do it so that I can restart my life over. If you need a buddy I will be more than happy for you to add me as a friend. It's up to you, there is no pressure, but what ever you decide I wish you all the luck in the world and I really hope you find the answer to your problems. Good luck babe. Lyndsey x
  • samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    I would be happy to add you i'm a 31 yr old mother of 3. we had 4 however our eldest passed away in 2005. I' looking to loose about 40 lbs.
  • mrsraeroberts
    mrsraeroberts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    glad you both replied i was just about to do another post for buddies :)
    will send you a request now x
    p.s. sorry to hear about the loss of your child xxx
  • kristen_35
    kristen_35 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I've restarted this week and I'm also looking for a couple of buddies. I'm 35 and have two kids (planning more). Send me a request if you like.
  • mrsraeroberts
    mrsraeroberts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sent you a request x