Just started C25K, anyone else doing this?

Hello! I'm Lee, I just joined today. I have started C25K, just wondering if there is anyone else out there? Success stories? :)

Replies

• BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Yes ! I'm doing week 3 right now.. This is a great program, I make progress each week, and I see my body changing ! :))
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    do a forum search for c25k.. that should get you going...
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    HI Lee, I was on week 4, and moving to week 5 but I've pulled the ligaments in my ankle and have been told by the doc to hold off for a couple of weeks, but will be right back at it as soon as I can. When I started it was hard to believe I'd be able to run for more than a minute, but week 4 has you doing 5 mins. And I can do 5 mins. :happy:
  • cgirlygirl
    cgirlygirl Posts: 49
    I LOVE this program! I am on Week 4 :) Good luck!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    me me me!
    theres a whole group for C25K doers come join us :D
    x
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    There are lots of C25K folks on this site. I am one!! Overweight my entire life; never a runner....until now! I'm on week 8 and can run (or jog) for 30 mins straight. For me, the trick was not giving up. Sometimes I was just barely jogging, but i kept going. C25K changes your body. For me, it also changes how I looked at myself! Have fun!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    I started C25K late 2011 - prior to that I was never a runner.

On May 5th of this year I completed my first half marathon.

It's a great program!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    I did week one, day one on Monday. I will be doing the second session tomorrow x
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Yes, I am doing it! I am on week 3 (for the second time..hehe). Great program and very self paced. I love it. Each week I feel more and more like a runner.
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to support you during your journey :)
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Just started this morning.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
  • TNEKEIA
    TNEKEIA Posts: 12
    ME! JUST COMPLETED WEEK 3 DAY 1 THIS MORNING
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    I finished week 1 day 3 yesterday. Moving on tomorrow.

Would love to have some friends doing the same thing... add me if you want!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    ME! Week 5 at the moment.
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Glad to see so many! I just did Day 1 yesterday. I thought I was going to DIE, but I made it!
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    I'm doing it! I'm currently on Week 3 Day 2. I really like this program! I hope to finish it the first go around and then possibly do it again to see if I can get my times down. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    I'm on week "3" of the program, but I've only been at it a week, I did week 1 & 2 in the same week because running 3 times a week isn't enough for me.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    I'm hoping to start June 1, getting my endurance up on the elliptical. My goal is to run in the Detroit Free Press 5K in October. I know that's a ways out but I want to give myself enough training time to complete it successfully.

Slainte! :drinker:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?
    It's intended to be done 3 days per week because your body needs the rest days for recovery. The rest days can still be used for exercise like cross-training or strength training, but it's not good for your body to run everyday without allowing it time to recover, especially if you're new to it.
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Yeah week 6 supposed to be on last day but my motivation for it is slim when im doig the run I LOVE IT but getting there is another matter :/ anyone else have this prob? Add me hopefully we can motivate each other to go :) lol
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    I started yesterday. 60 seconds never seemed so long but I managed it. Back out tomorrow for day 2.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    I have been doing well mostly on the treadmill on an incline plus a few odd runs outside which is so much harder. Ive had 2 weeks repeating week 5, until i feel less like im dying. Defo reccomend the group loads of hints and tips.
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    I started on Day 1, Week 1 on Friday! I am very excited that I didn't die the first day! Good luck with it!
  • weightwatcher_girl
    weightwatcher_girl Posts: 30 Member
    I'm starting Week 6 today. Starting C25K has been one of the best things I've done, it's made me a lot fitter, has really changed my body (for the better), and has given me a new hobby that I love! Just keep going and you'll make amazing progress, it's a great program.

Feel free to add me, C25k people :D
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    I did week two day two week before last and then got a really bad cold so I had to take a week off. So yesterday I decided to start back at week one to get myself back at it. That's what I love about the program, it's based on your pace. :)
  • Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?

It's supposed to be done 3 days a week, not every day. You'll burn out if you do it every day, unless you're already a runner. Though I can't imagine most runners do this program.
  • Hi Everyone! I just started C25K on Saturday. I had to do two days in a row, so I'm going to be on W1D3 today. I did send some requests to some of the people I saw on the forum. Add me, I'd love to have some friends on my list who are doing it as well.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    I'm on week 5 this week....it's a great program....like so many have said there is a group you can join with lots of people at different stages of it (which is really nice to have advice from those further along and give help to those "behind" you :) ). I will have to say that three days a week is something to really consider. I know how it feels to be all excited because it's going well and you feel you want to do more but stick to 3 days out of 7....on the other days you can walk, hike, do strength training/lifting or any other activity to get that calorie burn. Your running muscles do need some recovery time as I am learning on the longer runs. I was never a runner and this is all new to me but as the 1/2, 3/4 and mile runs come I find myself wanting rest in between so I'm ready for the next step.

For the record...I still believe that you also should never feel badly about "repeating" a week or a day if you feel you aren't ready to move on :) Guess I just don't want anyone to ever feel that's a bad thing....it's soooooo much better to do a day and not finish it and repeat it again than to give up and do nothing at all :) I have had several say they have repeated weeks or days if they felt they needed it.... :)
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    FANTASTIC PROGRAM!
    I'm currently on wk5 day 3 .