Just started C25K, anyone else doing this?

Options
Hello! I'm Lee, I just joined today. I have started C25K, just wondering if there is anyone else out there? Success stories? :)

Replies

• BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes ! I'm doing week 3 right now.. This is a great program, I make progress each week, and I see my body changing ! :))
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    do a forum search for c25k.. that should get you going...
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    HI Lee, I was on week 4, and moving to week 5 but I've pulled the ligaments in my ankle and have been told by the doc to hold off for a couple of weeks, but will be right back at it as soon as I can. When I started it was hard to believe I'd be able to run for more than a minute, but week 4 has you doing 5 mins. And I can do 5 mins. :happy:
  • cgirlygirl
    cgirlygirl Posts: 49
    Options
    I LOVE this program! I am on Week 4 :) Good luck!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    me me me!
    theres a whole group for C25K doers come join us :D
    x
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    There are lots of C25K folks on this site. I am one!! Overweight my entire life; never a runner....until now! I'm on week 8 and can run (or jog) for 30 mins straight. For me, the trick was not giving up. Sometimes I was just barely jogging, but i kept going. C25K changes your body. For me, it also changes how I looked at myself! Have fun!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I started C25K late 2011 - prior to that I was never a runner.

On May 5th of this year I completed my first half marathon.

It's a great program!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I did week one, day one on Monday. I will be doing the second session tomorrow x
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am doing it! I am on week 3 (for the second time..hehe). Great program and very self paced. I love it. Each week I feel more and more like a runner.
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to support you during your journey :)
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Just started this morning.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
  • TNEKEIA
    TNEKEIA Posts: 12
    Options
    ME! JUST COMPLETED WEEK 3 DAY 1 THIS MORNING
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 day 3 yesterday. Moving on tomorrow.

Would love to have some friends doing the same thing... add me if you want!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ME! Week 5 at the moment.
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many! I just did Day 1 yesterday. I thought I was going to DIE, but I made it!
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! I'm currently on Week 3 Day 2. I really like this program! I hope to finish it the first go around and then possibly do it again to see if I can get my times down. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm on week "3" of the program, but I've only been at it a week, I did week 1 & 2 in the same week because running 3 times a week isn't enough for me.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start June 1, getting my endurance up on the elliptical. My goal is to run in the Detroit Free Press 5K in October. I know that's a ways out but I want to give myself enough training time to complete it successfully.

Slainte! :drinker:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?
    It's intended to be done 3 days per week because your body needs the rest days for recovery. The rest days can still be used for exercise like cross-training or strength training, but it's not good for your body to run everyday without allowing it time to recover, especially if you're new to it.