100 calorie snacks that actually keep you full for hours?

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Shelby, I can't imagine that 1300 calories is enough for you if you work out as well! I would reevaluate that. Also, eating 6 times per day is better. Distribute the calories as much as possible into 6 meals and see if this helps. But seriously, I'd re-evaluate that 1300 calorie reading. Feel free to ping me for more information if you need.

Totally agree with this.
    It is beyond me why so many people are eating so much less than they need to be eating to lose weight.

I suggest checking out this thread and finding out your TDEE and BMR and eating between the two.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=in+place+of+a+roadmap&page=1#posts-14891590
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    They are more than 100 calories but I find Quest bars really filling
  • skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    try having 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a few almonds. Or, something that has a lot of protein. Aplles also help keep me full.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if someone said this already, but how are the eggs "sunny side up" if there's no sunny? I feel much more full when I eat the yolks for one thing. That said, maybe 1300 is too low for you. I don't know your stats, but I started at 1360 calories and that sort of allowed me one more snack or in your case could allow you a slightly larger more filling snack so you don't have to brush/floss as much. My husband had Invisalign and he lost weight when he had them unintentionally just because he didn't eat as often for the same reasons.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    How do you make sunny side up eggs without the yolks? Isn't that taking away the sun?

Ha ha!!!!

I would love to know what 100 calories snack Is going to keep you full too
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter does wonders for me. 90 calories.

I second that, it's a great way to spike calories if you're a bit low. Mix in with some good low calorie vegetables and the fat+fiber mix will keep you full even longer. If you can spare the extra calories and carbs, eat it with an apple instead.
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I agree with this person , your calories for the day are probably too low. I was given the suggestion from MFP to stay at 1200 calories a day & I found it just too low & I was hungry all the time . So I upped it to 1450 calories & found it much better & not so hungry & I was losing 1-2 pounds a week when I stuck to that. I have lost & kept off 50lbs in the past 2 yrs.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    my stomach is never satisfied. 100 cal snack would seriously piss it off.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Doesn't exist. If you're going to eat that little you're going to be hungry. Try copious amounts of water, it can curb the hunger.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend drinking 2+ cups of water with every meal. It'll definitely help leave a lasting feeling of fullness.

ETA: Also helps you reach that minimum daily 8, too!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    the reason they are called "snacks" is to satisfy you for a bit, till u actually get to the good stuff.
    so no such luck, imo
  • taraaaal
    taraaaal Posts: 13
    Options
    I like to have as a snack sliced strawberries with 60 cal jello temptations chocolate mousse a drop of lite cool whip and a sprinkle of splenda on top....

.5 cup Strawberries- 25 calories
    1 Chocolate mousse- 60 calories
    1 tbs lite cool whip- 10 calories

comes out to roughly 95 calories and is super delicious and satisfying
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    quick oats made with water.

we get little sachets here, 134 calories. keeps me full for ages. the honey and brown sugar flavour. omg. yum
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    yea 1300 is low DONT go by hat MFP says to go with they are really out on there numbers
  • cathilc
    cathilc Posts: 8
    Options
    Apple and a about 10 almonds. (raw not salted or anything ike that). that is a great snack and lots of fiber from the apple keeps me satisfied.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In the morning I combine many things to eqaul 100 calories ,for instance spinach,garlic,tsp cheese any you like chopped onion in fact my breakfast yesterday was 42 cals in total after 4,5 spinach 2tsp cheese,olivio spary 0 calories spray,2 tsp garlic,2 tbsp onion and tuna for instance is a great choice 50 cals for 1/4 cup with 2 tsp hellmans mayo it adds I think dont quote me 10 cals ,if you dont put it on bread your all set so around 100.

My daily intake without exercise is 1200,with its around 1300 to 1400.

I watch what I eat carefully most days since 1200 adds up quick if your not careful,

Carrots are a good choice for a snack never liked them much before until I dipped them in lite ceasar dressing, 6 baby carrots are 35 cals or so it leaves a lot of room and w the dip like 10 more cals or so.

Im not perfect with my food but I find eating mostly veggies and fruits helps ,most fruits dont have many calories I noticed and they keep your sodium low too.

Combing protien with carbs helps,make sure you eat more protein than carbs though as to keep your blood sugar lower,so later you're not ravenous,learned how to eat like that after having gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy ,I used diet almsot exscusivley except my last 2 weeks with a pill,by the way no more diabetes after I had my baby yay :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just received an email from : FitDay.com. It was saying small meals do help, small snacks do help in the area of feeling satisfied:
    Here are a few snacks that clock in around 80 calories or fewer:

- 1/3 cup sherbert (70 calories)
    - 1 small apple, 6 oz (80 calories)
    - 11 baby carrots with 1 Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge (79 calories)
    - 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (80 calories)
    - 20 pistachios (78 calories)
    - 3/4 cup Cheerios cereal (75 calories)
    - 23 grapes (78 calories)
    - 1 cup sliced jicama with 1/4 cup salsa (66 calories)
    - 1 sheet Graham crackers (55 calories)
    - 1 cup blueberries or blackberries (80 calories)
    - 1/2 medium mango (62 calories)
    - 1 light string cheese (50-60 calories)
    - 2 cucumber "sammies", each made with 2 slices of cucumber, 1 oz deli turkey breast, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (70 calories)
    - 1 large hard boiled egg (78 calories)
    - 20 dry roasted peanuts (80 calories)
    - 1/4 cup tuna, canned in water, drained, with 1 oz. Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish (68 calories)
    - 1 cup strawberries with 2 tablespoons light whipped topping (66 calories)
    - 2 1/2 cups air-popped popcorn (77 calories)
    - 1 medium (5 oz) bell pepper with 1 tablespoon hummus (71 calories)
  • vasmy
    vasmy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bananas. hom nom nom.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    100cals of egg whites?